Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sit back and relax and i will begin

i have an astra 1.4i 16v 51 with dohc eco tech engine not sure of engine type think its z14xe.

car is cutting out when approaching roundabouts but only if the car has been travelling over 60mph for a while then it strugles to start again but when it does its then fine until i go over 60 ish and want to stop again.

have changed the spark plugs, fuel fillter, oil fillter, air fillter,cleaned throttle body.
then found that the breather pipe from crank casing was completely blocked all the way to the rocker cover, maybe choking engine cleaned that out. but still have the problem.

no codes on the engine management any ideas before i take it to vauxhall...

·
Administrator
28,313 Posts
I don't suppose you have checked the plug leads? as they can rupture and the part the sit on the plug and can arc in the well hole? Are you sure you cleaned out the throttle body well enough? Did you remove it completely, remove the butterfly flap and then make sure it was totally gunk and oil free?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had a new egr valve fitted,
and my car has a throttle potentiometer with stepper motor ( no throttle cable) "i think" so there no icv attached to it and you cant take the butterfly flap out but it has been cleaned perfectly. no leads on my engine either it has a coil pack and it seems perfect

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
had a new egr valve fitted,
and my car has a throttle potentiometer with stepper motor ( no throttle cable) "i think" so there no icv attached to it and you cant take the butterfly flap out but it has been cleaned perfectly. no leads on my engine either it has a coil pack and it seems perfect
Guess work (as no ECU codes present), but may be worth changing coilpack. Try one from the breakers first, save some cash. You can still have a spark at plugs & coilpack be faulty. I presume with the ECO engine, coilpack fits straights over plugs (no leads)?.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
usually happens when the car has been running over 60 mph for 5 mins so its warmed up...

think i will change the coil pack had problems with a coil pack 4 years ago but different symptomes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.