Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably get asked this a lot, I'm new here,ive bought a new stereo so I can use an aux cable, I've bought the adapter and the other necessary cables from Halfords, unfortunately they won't fit the radio as I haven't bought it from them. I've connected everything correctly I believe the (engine/ignition wire) into the little wire underneath the cigarette lighter and connected everything else but the radio still won't turn on? I'm really stuck and its driving me mental, I was wondering if anyone can help, can upload pictures if needed.

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
Have you checked your fuses just in case you've blown one during fitting ?

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Im sure theres a wire needs moving on the iso connector on these., iirc its an earth....someone here will know for sure

·
13,883 Posts
There are typically 2 wires that need swapping because Vauxhall don't follow the normal ISO layout.
I think it is the red and yellow but wait for someone else to confirm it before doing anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I'm aware I've done this correctly? all the wires line up theres the red wire (ignition) that needs the 12v. but theres also an orange wire that I'm not sure where it goes. Thanks again guys

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
There should be a blue wire at the back on mine it was taped off & no longer needed to operate the aftermarket head unit , however when a year or so later the head unit wouldn't switch off without me removing the faceplate the blue wire had to be reconnected to get power back into the head unit after it went dead & wouldn't switch back on .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay il have a look at that, am I right in thinking the red wire literally just slots into the back of the lighter thing with the wires out and stuff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts