Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my drivers side headlight is out, changed the xenon bulb but no difference the bulb definately looked blown though. Anyway put it on opcom and in the afl ecu have two present faults. U1112 no communication with left power module and same for right power module, but the bulb is on one side just not the other, any thoughts guys.

·
16,761 Posts
Try the "dead" one in the working side.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Swap bulbs and ballasts between sides, if you swap the bulb and it works on the other side, swap the ballasts around.
you will find the problem.
if you swap the bulb and it doesnt work, and still doesnt work when you swap ballast around - it means bulb is fauly

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought A new bulb and tried that still no joy, tried swapping the igniters around still same, so it is not the bulb or the igniters. I am going to look at the fuses next fuses 31, 23 and 33 which is the 5 amp for the afl ecu i think which may make sense why i have the fault code for bothsides obvs not for the bulb being out? Thanks for all advice guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This fault is going to require a little more in depth fault finding because i have 12v at the fuse for the left hand power module but no power at the fuse for the right hand power module, when i put the headlights on the foglights come on aswell just noticed that, so got further investigation before i start condemning the actual headlights.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So found at least one of my faults does anyone know where i can get one that will be a match View attachment 101437
Sorry to jump on your thread newbie here I've had trouble with my afl xenon too had moisture in the lamp .all sealed and dry now. new ballast fitted but it has stopped working after a few days . so changed it again for another new ballast it's lasted about 3 days and the ballast has blown again definitely no moisture in the lamp but main and dipped lights not working what could be causing the ballast to blow getting expensive replacing them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to jump on your thread newbie here I've had trouble with my afl xenon too had moisture in the lamp .all sealed and dry now. new ballast fitted but it has stopped working after a few days . so changed it again for another new ballast it's lasted about 3 days and the ballast has blown again definitely no moisture in the lamp but main and dipped lights not working what could be causing the ballast to blow getting expensive replacing them
Have you had your power module out aswell as water gets in both?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts