Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the time has come to get rid of one of the cars, I have a Mk2 cav 1.6d with only 21,--- miles genuine in very good nic and my Mk3 154,--- in need of Lots of tlc. due to unfore seen circumstances I can no longer to keep both cars and I have just spend a fair bit of dosh on springs, shockies, brake shoes, and not so long ago tie bars not to mention a couple of tyers. I wish I knew then what I know now.

It looks like I will have to hold on the Mk2 as its in better condition trouble is its Much slower and not as eccomnical on motorways (and lacks all the mod cons)

I wont be able to get back what I have spent on the Mk3 if I sell her So I really want to strip off the parts but this would prevent me from towing the car to the scrappies and it prevent it from leagaly being on the road for 'uplift'

any sugestions would be greatfully welcomed

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Strip the mk3, use the money to put an Isuzu TD 1.7 lump in the mk2! They are surprisingly pokey engines and respond very well to simple, cheap mods AND they come cheap too. Shouldn't think it would be too hard a conversion. :up:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good plan:up: thing is I dont have anywhere to strip her down:shame:

had looked into putting a isuzu in but there is an engine mount that causes a problem, I'd have to cut and weld in a bracket, sounds a bit dodgy and then insurance would be an issue :shame:

thanks for the reply mate :up:

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
He's said he can't strip it . Don't see why you can't strip it in a day even out on the road then phone up scrappies to pick what's left up , don't need wheels or anything for that .
What the hell is uplift anyway ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey cav daddy
is it ok to have a car on the street with no wheels/struts etc?
By up lift I mean pick up by scrappies. I can strip it but not sure that is it a good idea to do so on the street.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
We've stripped a couple of cars in the street and had no problems- not sure that its totally legal but you can get a car stripped in a day with a little help and have the shell gone by the end of the day with the scrapman as long as you organise first

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may have a point there, the mk2 is too good to get shot but did'nt really want to use it as an every day car.:shame:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts