Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my car is fitted with the standard cdr500 single CD player unit and all in all i think the sound is excellent however i would prefer to have a CD changer coupled to it. I have read the threads and it appears that this cannot be done.

I have a spare Sony MP3 player which will go straight in and address the problem but my dilema is that i do not have the code for the cdr500 unit i will be taking out. Dont want to take it out and find i cannot put it back again working.

How difficult is it to get the code from Vauxhall? When i bought my Saab Aero the radio needed the code inputting and with suitable ID Saab provided it free of charge.

Do Vauxhall do the same or should i prepare to pull my trousers down and assume the position before entering the GM emporium? I have no KY jelly but copperslip would probably be apt !

Any advice would be most welcome especially any work round re the code. My car has only had 2 owners and came with shed loads of documents and handbooks but i cannot see any card bearing the code.

Thanks Darryl

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, i tried that website for the code for my cdr500, but im unable to register. anyone know the code for the above. cheers vixen

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
That website has been in 'maintenance mode' for several months now.

As for the code, it will be unique to your stereo and not the same as someone elses.

·
xbox enthusiast
1,531 Posts
in the astra ive just bought the cdr500 is in safe mode so i assume its ****ed?
also no code or way to enter a code it seems

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Nope, just needs the code putting in.

Apply to Vauxhall for a Car Pass (credit card sized piece of cardboard) that has all the relevant codes on it.

Code Entry as Follows:
Turn Off Stereo
Switch On Ignition (No Need To Start Engine)
Press & Hold Preset " AS " and
Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" SAFE " And Then Shows " 10 - - - - "
Press preset " 1 " repeatedly for 1st Digit
Press preset " 2 " repeatedly for 2nd Digit
Press preset " 3 " repeatedly for 3rd Digit
Press preset " 4 " repeatedly for 4th Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press & Hold Preset " AS " Until the Unit Beeps

·
Registered
6 Posts
unless bloody thing

Hi, tried entering the code that came with the car, no joy, tried it 3 times and each time it just returned to safe.

Any ideas anyone before i rip the bloody thing out and set fire to it.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You could buy mine...£50 delivered...I have the code but when I installed it recently it didnt need the code...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts