Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals i need your help and advice!

ive got a silver t plate omega auto mv6 estate at work that im gonna buy. it came in with gunk in the header tank, but runs fine. we are thinking to change the oil cooler and then see how that runs.

BUT im not sure what to do with it. im wondering if its worth stripping for parts as its not in bad condition and has just covered 100k. it has the mv6 wheels with decent tyres, the carbon interior trim, recaro-esk seats, working xenons and no real body damage apart from a bit of rust trying to come through. As with most cars of this age they are worth more in bits than as a whole :( i was thinkingabout putting it into my own vectra but i would need a cheap vec v6 donor for bits and heads etc.

so does anyone know any omega owners sites or places where i could get interest for bits? or would anyone on here be interested? i will be defo having a bash at fixing it and poss running it for a while if it all goes well :)

theres a little voice saying get a blown saloon and putting it in there, stripping it out and building a track car :D

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

I'll eventually be on the lookout for an MV6 or Elite estate :).

If it were me, I'd fix the oil cooler, flush it through and sell it on at a profit, it's less hassle imho, than breaking it up, waiting for buyers for bits etc.

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts