Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt N said:
Depends on the type of plastic.
Its interior trim plastic, the tweeter surrounds, as need to have my new tweeter securely stuck to the surround.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
Used araldite on loads of stuff........always worked a treat, think it depends on how big the things you want to stick, how big you want the join & if it'll be on show.

A cheap easy way if it's not on show is to melt them together, get a hot knife or screwdriver & press onto the two bits to melt them together.

(works well for repairing holes in cheap plastic footballs too)

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
I stuck my tweeters to the triangle mirror panels on the door, i used wetndry to rough the plastic up then used a hot glue gun

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy M said:
I stuck my tweeters to the triangle mirror panels on the door, i used wetndry to rough the plastic up then used a hot glue gun
No point sticking them to the door when they are a perfect replacement for my dash ones.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Matt N said:
I'd suggest Araldite then.
A bit messy though, seriously this 2-part activator is excellent, sticks instantly when you put the activator on and is really strong.

Araldite will do the job, but personally I'd use the wynns stuff..

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
patty said:
A bit messy though, seriously this 2-part activator is excellent, sticks instantly when you put the activator on and is really strong.

Araldite will do the job, but personally I'd use the wynns stuff..
Where can you get this wynns stuff from?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most Motorfactors, its in the Wynns professional range. Try Kevin Coopers (if there is one up your way). If you can't find any and really want it, I could get some and post it up to you...

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
patty said:
Most Motorfactors, its in the Wynns professional range. Try Kevin Coopers (if there is one up your way). If you can't find any and really want it, I could get some and post it up to you...
I'll have to actually get of the house at some point and have a look :lmao:

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
Danboy22uk said:
Where can you get this wynns stuff from?
If it's the same stuff, kitchen fitters use it, so maybe either DIY or trade supplies, the glue is in a bottle like superglue & the activator is in an aerosol, as said earlier it sticks in a virtual instant & is proper thin!:Cool2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Domski said:
If it's the same stuff, kitchen fitters use it, so maybe either DIY or trade supplies, the glue is in a bottle like superglue & the activator is in an aerosol, as said earlier it sticks in a virtual instant & is proper thin!:Cool2:
Sounds simular.

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
try evostick:Cool2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts