Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help please

ive got a cav mk3 20l gls the abs light has come on ive changed one of the sensors and tested the others and ive also changed the modulator but its still on any other suggestions also now the engine control indicator keeps coming on would a blocked fuel filter affect this any ideas or do i need to get it diagnostic checked at a garage

thanks Marc

G

·
Hey I got same car as you :Cool2:
Can't remember seeing a brake-lamp check-light, so won't know if a bulb is out - which causes abs light to come on.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Also check your ABS rings for cracks/worn teeth. Also check that a previous owner hasn't fit the wrong ABS ring with the wrong amount of teeth also.

Welcome to VxON btw :) Hope you get to the root of your problem. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys
all help appreciated ive just gone out to check my brake lights and they are not working so i will check the fuse and bulbs tomorrow when ican see but i will keep you informed

once again many thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I got same car as you :Cool2:
Can't remember seeing a brake-lamp check-light, so won't know if a bulb is out - which causes abs light to come on.
CALLY T sorted the abs problem out many thanks
its unbelieveable that its the lights and it dosent tell you in any manual (not any that i have) anyway tried the paperclip trick and it works a treat but only prob i got now is where is the cranlshaft sensor (which is the fault indication)on our 20l ecotec gls model as the haynes manual is not very clear

Any ideas mate

cheers Marc

G

·
Nice one :beer:

Crank sensor is easy peasy. Lie under front of car, and just above the sump, towards drivers side you'll see it, round black head and one bolt securing it.
The black cable running down side of cambelt cover is to the crank sensor, so could trace that if unsure.
Need a torx bit and ratchet, remove bolt, and prise sensor out.
Only tricky part is lining up the holes to refit bolt.
Don't even need car jacked up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cally T

ive just checked it out what an awkward place the hardest bit is trying to grab hold of the sensor to pull it out but i think i need a new one as the cable is all cream crackered so a quick trip to the scrappys tomorrow many thanks for your help il let you know if it cures the prob

Marc

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
If you do the paper clip test with the ignition on, but the engine not running, doesn't it always bring up the crank sensor code? If the crank sensor goes you get no fuel or spark.

G

·
Pry-bar or something. Get behind where cable comes out of sensor, soon comes out.

The X20XEV brings up a genuine crank sensor fault code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts