Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am in need of some help, i have only had this Astra J literally 4 days and has intermittently started going into limp mode, i have done a read out and had 2 faults for the MAF and 1 for low fuel pressure, now when i monitor the rail pressure without it running with just the ignition on, it sits a 8.1 BAR then flicks down to 5.8 BAR and back, now i have found limited info that it should be between 60-80psi which 8.1 BAR is slightly over which has made me suspect the pressure sensor on the rail, i have found the test procedures for the fuel regulator / Suction control valve, but not for the sensor, according to the service booklet the fuel filter was changed 6k ago so cant see that being blocked, my worst fear would be the pump failing but it doesn't have any issues starting or being driven hard so i was more swayed to the sensor giving a false reading to the ECU thus throwing it into limp mode. has anyone else had similar experiences? or have autodata info that could allow me to test the pressure sensor?

TIA

Shaun

·
Premium Member
13,630 Posts
Log the fuel pressure when driving, this will give you a better picture of whats going on, dont rule out the fuel filter, 9 out of 10 times that is what the problem is, unless you physically seen them replace the filter then assume it wasnt done and replace it anyway, lots and lots of garages avoid replacing fuel filters because there afraid it wont start again after, priming the system a few times with the intank pump will purge the system after replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my thoughts too, might just be a tick in the book, i tried to look at the solus graph whilst driving and its literally just jumps into limp mode cant see nothing obvious, ill try replacing the fuel filter it's near the tank I think

·
3,053 Posts
Hy, to add to above, replace fuel filter first, yes changing it is avoided by most, yes is sometimes a pig to start after the change and on top of it even if replaced and it run on almost dry tank once you could get the code( imagine replacing the filter today and getting the code in a week... Had this... Only to find out that was driven on light on till started flashing). Make sure you get a good filter, seen this also, slightly different shape was putting the code up now and then.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies I replaced the filter last night and it has made zero difference, I suspect it may be the pressure sensor on the rail as with the engine not running this is what the sensor is doing

·
3,053 Posts
Hy, is this high fuel rail pressure? Or low one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That be the rail pressure the high one, ive looked on workshop manual and in ignition on it should be between 60-80psi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't suspect its not the regulator/scv as pumps not running only the one in the tank, my gut feeling is on the sensor itself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts