Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my cav for 3 months now and trying to fix various probs.
ive got the central locking and alarm working but for some reason i can't get the windows to close when i either use the remote locking or hold the key at 45 degrees! any ideas why?:mmmm

also been out and looked today at possibility of fitting a fuel computer and the wiring is there so i just need to confirm.........
Does the Fc just plug into the yellow plug then the swith and loom plug into the connector next to the electric window loom connector in front of the hand break?:rolleyes:

also as far as mods are concerned its fully standard apart from a drilled air box and remus racing back box, any suggestions would be good. i dont want to go far from standard,but i bit more power / looks would be great?

Cheers for your answers and suggestions:cool:

·
15,300 Posts
Regarding the windows, is the one touch closure working when you use the normal button? It may need that sorting out so it closes on the key (not sure though)
To get that working again, open the window, then close it and hold down the button till you hear a click just after it closes completely.

For the FC, yes you just plug it into the yellow one and then the switch plugs in near the handbrake.
Plenty of threads with pics if you do a search :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dest,
if you mean the windows should close when i press the remote locking/immobaliser button on the key fob then know they don't, but i did try the window open close thing and that worked so it now closes when i hold the key so cheers mate but the sunroof don't close and i thought it should(tried opening and closing that and there is no click when it shuts) should it close?

as far as the FC goes ive read some of the posts by andy k and just wondered if it was as easy as it sounds as someone mentioned reprograming???:rolleyes: and will the FC off any Vaux work ie from the scrappy?

Cheers again mate:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
If its the std sunroof its not designed to close with the windows.

Get in touch with the user "Ian" he does FC re-programming for about £10.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate.
So no matter what the FC will need reprogramming?
or do you mean recalibrating? ive read the posts on recalibrating and am happy with that. if it does need reprogramming i take it that another one from a cave wont need reprogrmming?

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Leehollingworth said:
Cheers mate.
So no matter what the FC will need reprogramming?
or do you mean recalibrating? ive read the posts on recalibrating and am happy with that. if it does need reprogramming i take it that another one from a cave wont need reprogrmming?
re-programming or re-cal;ibrating - same in my eyes I think ???

If the computer comes out of a v6 you should not need any programming but if its out fo a gsi/turbo etc then it will need its parameters changing, to give correct readings.

There is a little white block in the back of the FC that Ian changes parameters on - which i assume is re-calibrating.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Dest said:
To get that working again, open the window, then close it and hold down the button till you hear a click just after it closes completely.
You will need to do this with each window in turn to get them all reset:up:

To get your sunroof full closure enabled, fitting a Vectra B or Omega motor will cure this problem too;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts