Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 CDX auto has a dodgy sunroof, in that whatever position I turn the switch to, it will always raise (tilt) but won't then close again. Even if I choose one of the slide open settings it still does this, and when you try to close, you can feel the switch/motor "click" every few seconds. i'm thinking it's either the motor, or the switch... but which ? Anyone had similar experience ? And how easy is it to fit a new motor in the unit ?

Also, getting a knocking from front underside on uneven surfaces, sort of like a losse exhaust would sound, which I think (from reading useful things like this forum) must be the drop links..... what's a decent price for getting these done ?

Cheers

R

·
0 Posts
Sunroof probably just wants reprogramming. Turn on the ignition and then turn the sunroof selector to whichever position the roof is in. Press the switch in and hold it for 5 sceonds, then move the dial to full open or fully closed and repeat, then to the other one (closed or open) and repeat. Now the roof should function properly.

Knock from front is usually drop links. Quite an easy DIY job and links are around £10. There is a How2 in the How2 section that covers this. Would take about an hour each side, I would only change them as a pair for stability. A garage would charge around £50 per side as a guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's helpful - thanks - I'll check out the How2. I did try re-programming the sunroof but didn't seem to work.... I'll try again with your instructons, just to make sure I did it right. Otherwise I guess I'll look for a replacement switch/motor unit.......

·
Registered
761 Posts
if reporgramming doesnt work, before buying anything new, try giving it a clean and a bit of lubrication, just in case something is sticking somewhere...just in case

1 - 4 of 4 Posts