Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right then my plan is to buy a donor car to take the LET out of and put it in mine so ;

1. my plan is to drop the lot out of the donor car on the cradle (engine, box, transfer box) then drop mine out make it all up on the cradle as in swap my hubs ,shox etc over on to it do anything that needs doing (will change the steering rack while the engine is out)...

is this the easyest way??????

2. im going to use a turbo transfer box so will i need a turbo prop?? and is a cav and calibra the same prop???

anything else i should do while ive got the engine out that anyone can think of???

thanx in advance :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
As said on the phone, Turbo prob is different, but only the front part that secures to TXB, its slightly shorter. I have a Turbo TXB on mine mate, and had to buy a new short prop for my exsisting standard 4x4 GSi prop.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Dude!!!!

That would be the easiest way deffo!!!!
But Why change the rack,,, and why change the hubs etc. etc. etc.
Take the block, box and TXB all out in 1 and then just bang it straight into yours,,, Are you keepin the 4 Stud then???

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WannabeCowboy said:
Dude!!!!

That would be the easiest way deffo!!!!
But Why change the rack,,, and why change the hubs etc. etc. etc.
Take the block, box and TXB all out in 1 and then just bang it straight into yours,,, Are you keepin the 4 Stud then???

my rack aint the best matey so will do it while ive got the room with the engine out..

yes mate i want it to look excactly the same as it does now:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Do it all from underneath, dropping the subframe. Dropping it all from underneath on the donor car too:up:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
C3MKY said:
Do it all from underneath, dropping the subframe. Dropping it all from underneath on the donor car too:up:
Canna agree with Micky more!!!!!!

Undo the H frame then the bottom ball joint,,,, leave ya legs in place fella!!:Cool2:

Its easier to take the wishbones out too cos they will only get in ya way ;)

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WannabeCowboy said:
So then dude!!!!

WHEN is this taking place???:cool:
need about 4 weeks to sort the room out and then its shopping time..
plus the tax runs out the end of april so will spend a month getting it done ....

thats my budget to get it done and that REALLY is all im spending on it :rolleyes: ...

although i want about 250bhp too.......:lmao:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Neil m8,,, me and Jim been thinkin we could poss come and give ya a hand too????

We could have one of em out in just over an hr!!!!

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WannabeCowboy said:
Neil m8,,, me and Jim been thinkin we could poss come and give ya a hand too????

We could have one of em out in just over an hr!!!!

SOLD

if you dont mind matey got a nice garage to do it all in so alls good...

rip engine out of cav/cally on the morning

pub for beer and food..

rip engine out of mine

what a day......:lmao: :lmao:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Sounds great but we was thinkin that if you get another person, then me and Jim would strip the donor and you and whoever take your engine out ;)

That for the mornin, then pub for grub and beer, then put the LET back in yours in the afternoon ;)

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WannabeCowboy said:
Sounds great but we was thinkin that if you get another person, then me and Jim would strip the donor and you and whoever take your engine out ;)

That for the mornin, then pub for grub and beer, then put the LET back in yours in the afternoon ;)

il do that then matey i will take mine apart and change the rack and stuff in the week and then we would have a whole day tio take the engine out the donor and put it in mine ..wooohoooo i will be chucking boost by dinner:lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
I would offer to help Neil, but with things as they are here, i cant plan things really :(

Whats this nice garage you got anyway? :p

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
C3MKY said:
I would offer to help Neil, but with things as they are here, i cant plan things really :(

Whats this nice garage you got anyway? :p
father in laws:Cool2:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
So when is this event takin place again??
After the RR we hope, as we is quite busy till then as you well know ;)

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WannabeCowboy said:
So when is this event takin place again??
After the RR we hope, as we is quite busy till then as you well know ;)

will be a good few weeks tbh matey as ive got to make a bit of room and ive got to sort my caravans out down wales ...

will be end of april tbh but will try and get it al done in a weekend :Cool2:

i will look after you and jimbo for this matey:Cool2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts