Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My corsa (2003) air conditioning stopped working lastly. Today I made some measurements and would be grateful if someone could suggest how to diagnose the issue and fix it.

Measurements on the a/c's clutch coil connector.
Resistance:
When the connector is open, the coil resistance is ~4 Ohm

Voltage:
- When the connector is unplugged, the voltage is 0 and become 14V when the a/c button is pressed.
- When the connector is plugged the voltage remains nearly zero even with the button pressed.

In both cases I can feel some additional load when the a/c button transition from released to pressed.

It seems to me that as opposed to previous a/c failure where the coil was open (after 3 coil changes I added a 2 ohm series power resistor), this time the the coils is not faulty but somehow, the driving circuit "decides" to reduce the current through it to a point such that the voltage is almost null. I guess that the governing logic takes into account gas pressure parameters (?) Can it be that it simply needs gas refill?

Any help is most weclome

·
13,370 Posts
It may well be the AC pressure sensor is faulty or as you say it could just need degassing.
If you had OpCom you could check the pressure readings.

Reactions: g2c

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Koicarpkeeper, in either cases there's nothing I can do by myself :(. as for the diag tool, are you referring to this thing? If so, all i need is to plug it to the car's odb connector and connect to a pc running the sw with a usb cable? saw same with BT connection and android sw like this? Was not aware of these tools!

·
13,370 Posts
That seems suspiciously cheap, but yes that is OpCom but bear in mind there is no genuine 1.70 firmware.

Don't bother with the Bluetooth alternative, no where near the functionality of OpCom.

·
13,370 Posts
You ideally need firmware 1.39 and software 100219a in order to access ALL the modules on the Corsa C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts