Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the exhaust on my 2000 mk4 astra and had the rear end up on axle stands. When I lowered it off and drove a short distance I noticed a reasonable (a cup's worth) of water dripping underneath at the front.

It was very clean, odourless water, which I assume has either collected somewhere over time from rain/road spray or has come from the A/C drain.

This has led me to wonder if the drain is clogged and the water has been collecting somewhere else, meaning when I tilted the car forwards it was released.

So my question is: Where is the A/C drain and what does it look like? I just want to check it isn't blocked which may lead to future problems. I assume it is just some sort of rubber tubing but I just can't see it.

:eh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mate the there are only two ways of draing the aircon fluid from your car.
1 is on the aircon pump locatied on the back of the pump in beetween the pipe devider bracket.

the other is to drain the fluid from the matrix.

but what i think, is that this is not your problem, your problem is a leaking condenser located on the front of the aircon rad on your astra. There coman for going and cost around £20-£50, if this does not turn out to be your problem then the only other thing is could be would be the seems of the air con rad as these are common too prices around £30-£60 secondhand or about £190 + the TWAT

cheers

cheers mate

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Mr Big,

I think you have your wires crossed.

Manoman48 isn't asking how to drain the AC fluid from inside the system, but is actually asking where the drain is under the car that lets water drip down from the external parts of the system.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr Big,

I think you have your wires crossed.

Manoman48 isn't asking how to drain the AC fluid from inside the system, but is actually asking where the drain is under the car that lets water drip down from the external parts of the system.
Yeah, its definately water :) I just assume its like a fridge where the condensed water needs to drain somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts