Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed! (Astra 1.7 eco flex 2010) every time I put air conditioning on it blows fuse F5 and puts the fan on giving codes p480-06 and p481-06 (rear engine fan)turn a/c off fan goes off, but then the fan won’t work because fuse has blown, can not activate it with op-com, change fuse all is well again , put a/c on blown fuse back to square one?

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
460 Posts
Stop putting fuses in. Someone needs to check where the short to minus is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stop putting fuses in. Someone needs to check where the short to minus is.
Genius!
Think two separate problems here.
Speed 2 not working front fan, relay /fan checked all ok pos bad connection broken wire.
a/c problem think is down to clutch, a little noisy and probably binding causing to much load.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not genius, but common sense. How much thermal damage do you think wiring can take?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not genius, but common sense. How much thermal damage do you think wiring can take?
You said to stop putting fuses in. Who said I was ! I said it blows the fuse not that I have a bag of fuses and keep changing them!
How much thermal damage do you think wiring can take??? You tell me smart arse!

·
Registered
460 Posts
For engine space hot area, I expect insulation to be rated on 85 degrees C and short-circuit rating of 250 C.

Energy is I^2 * s and considering fake fuses coming from Asia, I let you do the rest of the research.

I guess its easier to hold a multimeter and measure the circuit and find where the fault is.

Success,
The Smart Arse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet, been working hopefully get sometime over weekend. Disconnected A/c to stop F5 blowing and the speed 2 think broken wire has all other speeds work with op com, fan works swapped out with another ( I have two identical cars, both work vise vera) relays all ok so only wiring left to trace.
will post any results for you and diagrams I get just need to dig out wiring diagrams from old computer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Asked out of my curiosity, I have sorted out my car. The fan circuitry is pretty straightforward, it is just reverse engineering what goes where. UEC pinout helps a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts