Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading home for lunch earlier and I nearly had a head on collision! As I approached a T-junction a car passed in front of me from right to left on the main road. I stopped, looked each way, nothing comming - only a truck coming from my left on the far side of the road so I turned left onto the main road.

Next thing all I see is a Ford Galaxy heading straight for me on my side of the road :eh

As this happened I noticed the truck had stopped directly across from me!

What had happened was the articulated truck was pulling up and had hit his hazards so the guy behind in the Ford decided to go out around him at full speed before the truck had stopped!

Both the Ford and I stopped - I made the Ford reverse back as there was now 2 cars behind me. Then the guy in the Ford starts shouting how he was on the main road before I pulled out! The fact that he was traveling behind a truck on the other side of the road before I pulled out did not seem to register with him.

To be fair the truck should not have stopped at the junction but the muppet in the Ford should have taken more care going out around it! Fecker was traveling at some speed - frightened the crap out of me!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
feck, at least no one was hurt. it never seems to amaze me the idiots that are on the road these days.

C

·
0 Posts
Saw one of them few days ago.
He was overtaking at a junction, so should have proceeded with extreme care. Was also on your side of the road, so should have given you priority.
What a donut:rolleyes:
Glad you're ok :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Close shave dude, could of been nasty that.

C

·
0 Posts
Atlantean said:
I could see the front of my car going!
You didn't see him, but saw the front of your car - did you have your driving glasses on? :bust:

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vaux_Mark said:
Glad it came to a positive end.
After he finished shouting at ME :eh

"I was on the main road before you pulled out!" You would thing he owned it or something :shake

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CallyT said:
You didn't see him, but saw the front of your car - did you have your driving glasses on? :bust:
I saw him as he hurtled in my direction after he pulled out from behind the artic! I did have my glasses on BTW ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Atlantean said:
I saw him as he hurtled in my direction after he pulled out from behind the artic! I did have my glasses on BTW ;)
Lol :Cool2:
So did you join the major road before he started his overtake manouevre?

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CallyT said:
Lol :Cool2:
So did you join the major road before he started his overtake manouevre?
Something like that! He was in behind the truck before I pulled out!

C

·
0 Posts
Atlantean said:
Something like that! He was in behind the truck before I pulled out!
Ah well, you should have shouted at him :lmao:
Where I've done driving instructor bollocks, I find if I drive properly it confuses most people, and is often interprated as bad driving! :rolleyes:

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CallyT said:
I find if I drive properly it confuses most people, and is often interprated as bad driving! :rolleyes:
Now you have hit the nail on the head Justin :Cool2: This is particularly true when it comes to roundabouts :shake

They have built a new section of duel carriageway near me and there are about 6 roundabouts on it - fooked if any of the muppets on it have a clue as to what these "obstructions" on the road are for! :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts