Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
my problem is when driving i can feel a shaking/vibarating it is most evident when doing 60 - 70 any faster or slower you can still feel it but not as bad, it feel like it is coming from the rear. ive just had 2 new front tyres and got the tracking done in the process, which hasnt made a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Craig

·
Registered
83 Posts
i had probs after changing both front tyres turned out to be the wheel rims were no good so got new ones prob went away

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try getting the wheels balanced, if the doesnt cure it i was thinking of swaping ther front and rear wheels, se if the problem moves with the wheels.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have now had all 4 wheels balanced and i still have the same problem. i am starting to think it may not be coming from the rear (its very hard to tell) it does seem to be worse when slowing down with or without using the brake, so i dont think it is a problem with the breaks.

Anybody got any advice on where to look next.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had a very simalar problem, turned out it was the bottom gearbox mount. there was a constant vibration but it was at its worse between 60 and 70 ish.
would also become loud under engine breaking. Vibration mostly felt through the floor and clutch pedal.

At first its quite mellow and just an annoying vibration but it can get quite severe. I left mine for a couple of months then got it fixed. A couple of weeks later the bearing in the gearbox went and the threw a couple of cog teeth through the case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fot the replys,

Ive had the tracking done, there is no noise, and i have recently had a new box fitted, the place that done the box change didnt say anything about the mounts. The shaking was the same before the box change.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
check to make sure the rear brakes arent binding slightly , i have known this problem to cause headaches , when it starts juddering try easing the handbrake up very slowly & see if you can feel it through the handbrake lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know it seems obvious but it was missed on mine when I had exactly the same problem as this- One of my rear tyres was misshaped and this was causing the vibration between 60 and 70 both accelerating and slowing down and in or out of gear. Hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replys, i will try the handbrake in the morning on my way to work, and let you guys know what i find.

Its not the clutch i had that changed when they did the gearbox (the problem was there before and after the box change)

Cheers Again

Craig

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tryed the handbrake today, i think that may be the problem. the shaking got worse and there was a noise comming from the rear. I will be stripping and cleaning the rear brakes this weekend and will post if it fixes the problem.

Thanks everybody for all your advice.

Craig

1 - 19 of 19 Posts