Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
First things first, how are you reading the codes? Be aware that Vauxhalls don't work well with cheap code readers, and even some "professional" ones will not pick up all the codes.

·
Registered
2013 astra J 1.7 cdti
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First things first, how are you reading the codes? Be aware that Vauxhalls don't work well with cheap code readers, and even some "professional" ones will not pick up all the codes.
i have opcom version 1.45 which says p0089-00 unknown dtc and showing (present, passed and failed) do you think the valve is stuck open or closed?, i took it out of pump to test, switched ignition on and it was chucking out fuel so does mean its failed causing high fuel pressure?

·
18,018 Posts
The car will still start and idle with a faulty SCV. Mine actually fell apart with the plunger hanging out of the valve, only being held by the wiring connection. I could still start the car and drive it onto the recovery truck.

Remove the valve and push the plunger in against spring pressure to check it is free to move.

·
Registered
2013 astra J 1.7 cdti
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car will still start and idle with a faulty SCV. Mine actually fell apart with the plunger hanging out of the valve, only being held by the wiring connection. I could still start the car and drive it onto the recovery truck.

Remove the valve and push the plunger in against spring pressure to check it is free to move.
You can't take this type of regulator apart

·
18,018 Posts
You can't take this type of regulator apart
I didn't say take it apart, I suggested pushing the plunger in against the spring pressure to check it is not stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts