Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Club Membership (12 months)

As a member of the VxON Club, you get a digital member pack, access to the club members area on the forum, the option to attend and show your car at any of the national shows we attend and additional benefits in the way of discounts and the opportunity to purchase official VxON Club Merchandise.

Vauxhall Trade Club Membership - this gives members the opportunity to purchase genuine Vauxhall and GM Parts and Service Items at considerably discounted rates

Here are some of the other companies with which we have also negotiated discounts for you (more to come!):

* Chipex Stone Chip Repair System
* Chris Knott Insurance (Car, Home and Travel)
* Camskill Tyres
* 1stAutoBulbs.com
* MTek-Performance
* Total Vauxhall
* LMF Vauxhall"

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
"Club Membership (12 months)

As a member of the VxON Club, you get a digital member pack, access to the club members area on the forum, the option to attend and show your car at any of the national shows we attend and additional benefits in the way of discounts and the opportunity to purchase official VxON Club Merchandise.

Vauxhall Trade Club Membership - this gives members the opportunity to purchase genuine Vauxhall and GM Parts and Service Items at considerably discounted rates

Here are some of the other companies with which we have also negotiated discounts for you (more to come!):

* Chipex Stone Chip Repair System
* Chris Knott Insurance (Car, Home and Travel)
* Camskill Tyres
* 1stAutoBulbs.com
* MTek-Performance
* Total Vauxhall
* LMF Vauxhall"
Most dealers won’t accept the trade club anymore, which is a shame as i used it many times (well i had too as i had bloody loads of cards lol).
As for Chris Knott insurance you don’t need to be a paid member to get a “discount” as all you need to tell them is your a member, although I don’t think in reality you do actually get a discount (y)

·
Super Moderator
26,439 Posts
Insurance discounts on car clubs are a bit of a con, I've challenged them before to find the discount and they will never give a straight answer. I think insurance companies should state a proper / real discount figure that they could be tested on, ie say it's 10%, phone up for a quote, get a quote of £200, say you're a member and they price becomes £180. It's a lie to have them say they offer a dicount for car clubs, advertisers must state a price, why shouldn't insurance companies.
That’ll never happen David.
Insurance prices are a bit like a DFS sale , you never really know what the base price is & if you try to find out your head will be spinning.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,273 Posts
In the end it's a quid for a month that not many people miss for as much banter, moaning and occasional advice as you can handle with friends, online acquaintances and mortal enemies...we're all spoiled with the like of Twatter, Instatwat and Twatbook being 'free'.

·
Super Moderator
26,439 Posts
In the end it's a quid for a month that not many people miss for as much banter, moaning and occasional advice as you can handle with friends, online acquaintances and mortal enemies...we're all spoiled with the like of Twatter, Instatwat and Twatbook being 'free'.
Some women asked me today if i knew what snapchat & Twitter was ?
My reply was this , “ Back in my day we had Avon calling round the house & my mother hosted Tupperware parties “ .
“What’s a Tupperware party ?” asked the women .
Enough said , “ twitters got nothing on a gang of married women gossiping over some plastic resealable tubs “ :D

·
Rascal
12,117 Posts
But if you read all the stuff posted since, some of that has changed.

Anyway, over a week and no answer from the people that know in the club. @Alex , no input??
Hiya

As you’ve probably noted - I’m barely on here at the moment, so apologies for the delay in replying. Dealing with a young child is taking up more of my time than coming on here

Club Membership, currently the main benefits you will have are

Access to Vauxhall Trade Club number - useful if you have a local dealer who subscribes to the scheme and you buy parts from them

Invitation to Club Shows. Currently the main ones each year would be the VBOA Rally in July, and if we host any other meets then you can come along to them

21 - 40 of 77 Posts