Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my insignia overheated today, took some time to get the temperature down. After two hours started it, runs for 5 seconds then lcd says engine overheated, turn off engine, the temp gauge goes to maximum, the engine sort off makes a cranking sound like it’s misfiring and no power at all.... it’s at the garage now after a pickup by Greenflag, any ideas?
usually the fans kick in but this time the fan wasn’t on and didn’t not kick in, help please

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have a fault code yet, left it at the garage, going in the morning and will then to plug in and see what code it shows, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vehicle recovered with loss of power and SVS lamp on. Message "turn off engine, engine overheated" is shown in the instrument panel,
coolant temperature gauge moves into red, e.g. 130°C and DTC:
P2428 (00, 03, 5B) is set. Engine stalls in idle.
The coolant temperature gauge will raise up to 130 °C. This is due to the P2428 setting and does not reflect a real coolant over temperature condition
I have copied this from somewhere, this is what I had on the dashboard

·
13,368 Posts
As above, clearly your car has not overheated in 5 seconds after being left for 2 hours so something else is happening.
Typically it is a software fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well garage just got back to me, seems to have dumped the oil, engine is rattling when started, they tested the sensors and they are are ok.... 😔😔😔😔😔
Now have to get the towed to another garage where they actually do more to the engines internally....😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

1 - 8 of 8 Posts