Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2011 Insignia CDTI 6 speed manual.
I only ever really drive locally with it, but was on the motorway the other day, and when i accellerated in either 5th or 6th gear there was a loud, fast paced, blowing/tapping noise from the engine. It seemed to get louder and faster the more i accelerated. If i let my foot off the accelerator it would stop. I didn't do it in any other gear, only 5th and 6th.

It had a new gearbox fitted 7000 miles ago. I have booked it into my local Vauxhall garage next week, to see what the noise is. But all of a sudden it has stopped making the loud noise in 5th and 6th gear. It appears to be running as normal now.

Anyone have any ideas of what it might have been? I'm on edge now in case the problem returns!

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
26,655 Posts
i have a 2011 Insignia CDTI 6 speed manual.
I only ever really drive locally with it, but was on the motorway the other day, and when i accellerated in either 5th or 6th gear there was a loud, fast paced, blowing/tapping noise from the engine. It seemed to get louder and faster the more i accelerated. If i let my foot off the accelerator it would stop. I didn't do it in any other gear, only 5th and 6th.

It had a new gearbox fitted 7000 miles ago. I have booked it into my local Vauxhall garage next week, to see what the noise is. But all of a sudden it has stopped making the loud noise in 5th and 6th gear. It appears to be running as normal now.

Anyone have any ideas of what it might have been? I'm on edge now in case the problem returns!

Thank you,
When you had the gearbox replaced was the DMF & clutch done at same time ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts