Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this good or bad?

I seem to remember ppl saying 40+ with there XE's was average?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
The only time I've seen 40mpg from a XE was my blue GSi on a long run, average on that was low 30's so I'd say 37.5 was pretty good.

·
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?

Well either thats great or my FC's playing up!

Never got that high before, which is why I asked! :up:

:think

·
Less talk, more action
2,734 Posts
Best I saw was an avergae of 42.9mph en route home from Trax last year.... in the turbo. Even I was shocked, so at Carlisle I floored it and it dropped to a more respectable 23mpg....

The Eco**** did mine to Manchester and home on a tank.... about 520miles.... I also had to go lie down that day.

Maybe I drive like a poofter....

·
Likes this.
11,308 Posts
vauxmaster said:
Is this good or bad?

I seem to remember ppl saying 40+ with there XE's was average?
Depends whether it's a genuine average MPG or just a fuel computer reading.

My fuel comp (which originally came from a Cavalier GSI but was reprogrammed by Ian for the X20XEV with standard 195 60 15 tyres) always reads low. The other week it said 30.7mpg average, but when I filled up and worked it out my actual tank average was closer to 35mpg.

You need to fill the tank right up and drive it until it's almost empty, then work it out the old fashioned way. Then you'll know just how accurate your fuel computer is :Cool2:

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
yes thats good! i get 40 on a run in my xe but at the moment im getting 30 but i do give it some stick! :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
My GSi usually reads around 25mpg, but i do quite often drive enthusiastically!
On the trip up to Leicester, at one point my fuel computer did tell me I had 525 miles until I ran out of fuel! It actually managed 470 miles from filling up to the light being on for 30 miles.

Which was nice.

·
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well,

I know for a fact the range is completely off... run out of petrol a couple of months back and it said I had 50 mile left! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Sounds ok to me - about 10 more than I get at the moment...

Did a long trip in my Cav to Suffolk and back a couple of years ago and kept it as near to 70mph on the motorway all the way there and back - pulled up on the drive and the fuel light came on with 520 miles showing on the odometer. If you add in 30 or so miles for the fuel that was left in the tank then it comes out at just over 40mpg which was very good.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
vauxmaster said:
run out of petrol a couple of months back and it said I had 50 mile left! :rolleyes:
I've run mine down to 7 miles left on the trip computer (fuel gauge was below empty) and managed to get to the filling station. Two weeks later it said 57 miles left when I parked on the drive but would it start later? No! Had to walk to Tesco with the fuel can... :lmao:

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
vauxmaster said:
Well,

I know for a fact the range is completely off... run out of petrol a couple of months back and it said I had 50 mile left! :rolleyes:
mine has started doing that to me recently. when i first got her 10years ago i could go for miles after it said 0, now runs dry on about 15miles. Grrrr

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
vauxmaster said:
Well,

i dont use the fuel computer in mine for the range its very unaccurate i just use the fuel gauge which is accurate! i never usually let mine run below a 1/4 of a tank but if i do if the light comes on u know its time to put some in the fuel comp is just a guide!

·
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cgrextreme said:
i dont use the fuel computer in mine for the range its very unaccurate i just use the fuel gauge which is accurate! i never usually let mine run below a 1/4 of a tank but if i do if the light comes on u know its time to put some in the fuel comp is just a guide!
Yea... The fuel gauge said 1/4 of a tank!

Although thats my fault as I haven't sorted the digi gauge out yet! :O

1 - 20 of 23 Posts