Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while the rocker covers are off on my car for the gaskets to be changed how much more work is there in fitting 3.0L cams? and is there anything else that needs to be done to car after fitting them

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
kev25v6 said:
while the rocker covers are off on my car for the gaskets to be changed how much more work is there in fitting 3.0L cams? and is there anything else that needs to be done to car after fitting them
I beleive its just the exhaust cam that you need. If its just the rocker gaskets off (not HG) then its a lot more work. Worth it tho.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might leave them as they are then. having the rocker gaskets, plugs and leads done soon so hopefully it might improve performance a bit with the plugs no longer sitting in an oil well.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Its the inlets that you change to G cams, just have to remove the belt and inlet timing gears.

kev25v6 said:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Change all 4 nothing to lose if you have the covers off anyway.

Make sure you have the locking kit and while your at it, do the belt and tensioners. Once the tensioner has been disturbed, change it. It WILL fail, so if you are considering changing the Cams I repeat CHANGE the tensioners and belt

You'll get up to 15bhp increase in power changing the cams too, which is nice. :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts