Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...As a new member and new Crossland owner, (aged 82+), I am attempting to update the software in the vehicle, both from 'My Vauxhall' web page...and from Vauxhall direct/phone call/email...

I understand that there is a current software update available and have downloaded/unzipped and transferred to my usb stick. When inserting the usb into the car, the usb is not recognised.....Vauxhall emails enquiry cannot help me about this....

I also asked them that the sat-nav on the Crossland was using TomTom facilities and if so, would the sat-nav be auto-updated as it occurs on my personal TomTom dashboard mount GO 5200. My 5200 automatically advises of current updates. Vauxhall could NOT verify if this would occur on my Crossland.

Anyone available for HELP !!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,555 Posts
Huge respect to you sir,.......82????!!! :)

I'm 47 and I have no idea about the technical stuff of which you speak :D

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Pretty poor that Vauxhall cannot answer your questions , probably one of the many reasons why they languish at the bottom end of the JD Power Survey. Maybe our experts can come up with something although it must be remembered how new these crosslands are.

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
472 Posts
It could be something as simple as the Crossland not recognising the format of the USB stick, try formatting the USB as FAT, or FAT16, then copy the files back to it and try again.

Reasoning, based on assumption:
I am assuming that you use Windows and therefore that the USB stick is probably formatted in NTFS as that is the file system Windows has used by default since Vista.
I am also assuming that the Crosslands operating system is Linux based which by default will not recognise NTFS.

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
There's some quite a long threads about My Vauxhall software updates and problems on the Grandland forum,might be worth a look ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be something as simple as the Crossland not recognising the format of the USB stick, try formatting the USB as FAT, or FAT16, then copy the files back to it and try again.

Reasoning, based on assumption:
I am assuming that you use Windows and therefore that the USB stick is probably formatted in NTFS as that is the file system Windows has used by default since Vista.
I am also assuming that the Crosslands operating system is Linux based which by default will not recognise NTFS.
The usb stick was formatted to Fat 16 but was not accepted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh well, worth a punt!
Do you have a different USB stick you can try?
Purchased a new "SanDisk 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Ultra Flash Drive Memory Stick" and transferred zipped update to this...tried it in the car..no luck !

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
Did you check out the software update threads on the Grandland forum ?

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
15,922 Posts
Reactions: Fred Bassett
1 - 11 of 11 Posts