Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps!

Just looking to gather some information.

I recently had my 2019 Insignia in to a dealership for what was appearing on the dashboard as an engine fault. The garage diagnosed it as a faulty accelerator pedal. Which I accepted, as I was aware that they have been known to cause issues on my model. Anyways the garage replaced the pedal and I drove away quite happy. Problem I've got, is there's a distinct lack of power now i.e. it's guttless, fine if you're driving Miss Daisy but not if you want to nip onto a roundabout quickly. Also, when changing up through the gears quickly, it over-revs when I dip the clutch, it's like it lags behind slightly?

My question is, are the settings relating to the pedal (assuming because it's electronic) adjustable? I think it's not been setup correctly? I know nothing about cars so don't really know.

It's booked back in for them to check it again and my worry is, they'll just say "there's nothing wrong with it"

It's still under a 3month dealership warranty and manufacturer warranty.

Any info appreciated.

Gav

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
Maybe if you have a chat with the service manager, explain the situation to him. As you know how your car drove, prior to it going in. See what they come back with, then take it from there.
If your engine is anything like the same design as mine (1.4t), which I think it is, should be very responsive under foot, throughout the entire rev range.
Sounds like something has not been set up correctly.

·
Worn Out Member
8,623 Posts
i can't see any re-set or learn function for the acc pedal on the Insignia B but it does beg the question whether the issue is something else (like throttle body or a sensor) rather than the pedal.

Reactions: Gavhogg and Boroboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe if you have a chat with the service manager, explain the situation to him. As you know how your car drove, prior to it going in. See what they come back with, then take it from there.
If your engine is anything like the same design as mine (1.4t), which I think it is, should be very responsive under foot, throughout the entire rev range.
Sounds like something has not been set up correctly.
Thanks for the reply. That's my plan anyway. They've agreed to run the diagnostic on it, so hopefully they come back and say it wasn't setup correctly. If not, I'll take it to another dealership or elsewhere to get a srcond opinion. Maybe a rolling road ?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Gav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can't see any re-set or learn function for the acc pedal on the Insignia B but it does beg the question whether the issue is something else (like throttle body or a sensor) rather than the pedal.
It may well be something else but it drove fine before the pedal was replaced. Hopefully they come back with something and they run the diagnostics again 🤞🏻

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
745 Posts
With a faulty accelerator pedal sensor either 1 or 2 track, there no driving fine, but it is always in limp mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts