Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, looking for some advice on space saver tyre

Had a puncture on my 2018 Viva at weekend and found the sealant to be not that great. Thinking of getting either a space saver tyre or a standard wheel as a spare

I am getting conflicting size information as to what space saver wheel/and tyre that I need. can anyone confirm the correct size.

Would a standard wheel and tyre if in the boot in the space where tyre goes

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
13,720 Posts
Hi folks, looking for some advice on space saver tyre

Had a puncture on my 2018 Viva at weekend and found the sealant to be not that great. Thinking of getting either a space saver tyre or a standard wheel as a spare

I am getting conflicting size information as to what space saver wheel/and tyre that I need. can anyone confirm the correct size.

Would a standard wheel and tyre if in the boot in the space where tyre goes

Thanks in advance
Have a look in the wheel well, if you have one, if it does then obviously a spare would fit straight in, probably a space saver. Most modern cars now don't have a spare or only have room for a space saver. The other possibility is that you don't have a wheel well (not sure with the viva), you'd need an insert kit to fit one. I always make sure I have a spare, even if the car does not come with one, I buy one. I don't trust gunk kits either or even a self plugging kit. Depends where & how big the puncture is.
It looks like a 14" space saver wheel would fit into your boot, like this one. If you do an ebay search you'll see-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boroboy. I have looked on Ebay and some sites say the 14" others say the 15", thats why i was hoping someone had a space saver for a Viva

There is space for one

·
Premium Member
13,720 Posts
It'll be the overall diameter of your tyre that counts, whether its a 14" or 15" steel wheel, shouldn't matter. The pcd holes need to line up too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts