Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to the site ,
Im hoping some one can help me a bit, I've dont loads of searches on internet but can't find my answer , and the few with my problem , haven't finished there post, by putting the way they have solved there problem , I've bought a new shape vivaro with light front damage , no air bags have deployed ,but the van will not start on the key , a couple of question there used to be on earlier vivaro's a fuel cut off switch under the bonnet , but there doesn't seem to be one on the new one's, also daft question do you have to press clutch or break to be able to start them , you might think try this , I haven't got the van yet , I just no the above . Can anyone tell me is this a dealer only problem to be able to get into the ecu to see if there is a built in fuel cut off , or will any scan tool be able to access this the ecu to see if there's a fault logged in it, thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
We've come across this problem before with another member , have you done a search of this site ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yes I've spent ages looking , only thing I can find the same no one has put up how they solved the problem , I think 2014- on facelift , there don't seem to be the switch red or black cap you push in ta

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
Read this thread vivaro phs 2 fooked!!! On the vivaro forum .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't seem to find it now only a 2008 and another one but not the 2014 , if it's the one that has another guy asking if he found out the repair to it with no answer , I've seen it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dose anyone no if it's possible to download the software to be able to remove codes etc, and buy a lead from somewhere, I've got the vag-com one from Ross-tech for my Audi vw, and one for Bmw, is there one avaloble for the vauxhalls, many thanks

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
There was one recently.
He said the fuel shut off was in built into the ecu on late vans.
And apparently theres 2 soldered in fuses in the ecu that needed replacing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That was my van, an still not running.... the fuses in the main ecu don't normally blow with air bag deployment i can only think they popped when the fuse box was squashed. It should be airbag go's off , replace/ reset airbag ecu and airbag van starts ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
That was my van, an still not running.... the fuses in the main ecu don't normally blow with air bag deployment i can only think they popped when the fuse box was squashed. It should be airbag go's off , replace/ reset airbag ecu and airbag van starts ...
Hi, did you manage to get this going? I've got a 2016 Vivaro and had a slight knock on the front, airbag and belt popped. No chassis damage at all. No longer starts. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts