Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 plate vivaro in a solid non metalic orange colour (factory).... The paint code is generic paint however looking through data held by vauxhall using the vin the paint is actually RAL 2000...

My question is what type of paint would this have been sprayed with? I have done a sanding test which shows that there is no clearcoat...

Is this a synthetic oil based or acrylic any ideas....I need to do some scratch repairs and a small area back to metal...

Thanks in advance for looking

·
15,596 Posts
Most paints in recent years have been water based as part of the efforts to meet environmental impact targets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... I asked a well know paint supplier who supplied me with a synthetic air dry which is taking weeks to go off on the test panel I sprayed...its still takes a finger nail impression after nearly two weeks....I had my doubts originally but went with their advice.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
So I should be looking for an 2k acrylic(not 1k)? (its been years since I painted anything substantial)
2k is old standard and last time I used 2k it wasn't a water based paint, take the paint code to the paint supplier and ask them for the right stuff or you will end up with blending issues and peeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts