Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking my DRL bulb and dropped the cover, can't see it anywhere but not on the floor so decided the light had to come off for a better view.
Took the grill off and tried to remove the headlight. It wouldn't move much just enough for the top lug to come out then nothing. Looking at a photo there is a bracket at the bottom, couldn't feel it in situ.
Is it necessary to remove the bumper to get at that bracket?
Is there anything like a Haynes manual for ther facelift available?
Thanks
Rob

·
Worn Out Member
6,444 Posts
Vivaro B is bumper off to remove headlight

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Valer, I tried again after removing the fog light panel to no avail. I'm sure the wheel arch liner has to come out first but can't see how. Might be easier to buy a new cover.

·
Worn Out Member
6,444 Posts
I think you may be right about the cover,
and yes it's arch liner (2 separate pieces )down to remove the bumper

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again, will try tomorrow if it doesn't rain but it might have fallen off on a drive by then.
I'm looking for a replacement at the mo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought about where it might be and decided it can only have fallen down into the hole leading to the bumper/wheel arch liner chasm so a quick update, two screws on the bumper wheel arch, yanked the bumper away and there the blighter was.
After a couple of hours yesterday trying to get the headlight off I now know an easy way to get to the bolt holding it on.
Must not be a butter fingers next time.
Thanks Valer.
Rob

·
13,717 Posts
I found a nice Snap On spanner that someone had dropped and was sat on the lower edge of the bumper when I took it off.

Reactions: robbra

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No such luck here.
A bit miffed as yesterday I took off the fog light panel but never thought of looking down where the cap was.
Live and learn, eh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts