Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 facelift Insignia which I have recently had the condenser and a few seals replaced and refilled, which got it working great for a week.

I now have an issue where pressing the A/C button in the cabin seems to do nothing in the engine bay, the computer thinks the A/C is on, the light is on but it is not engaging the compressor as there is no load increase on the engine. There is also no error codes active, all fuses are good too and the compressor pulley is moving.

I am used to BMW's where wiring diagrams and diagnostics are accessible. I have yet to find the Vauxhall/GM equivalent can anyone point me in the direction to find some technical data or can send the wiring diagrams to trace from the compressor back?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the system have any pressure, do you have GM compatible diagnostics.
The system has pressure as it has worked and was rechecked since it stopped working. Whether the car thinks there is pressure could be part of the issue.

I do not have any GM diagnostics, what is recommended?

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you say the system has pressure, are you basing it on an OTC A/C gauge reading? Did you vaccum the system prior to recharging? The pressure switches on Vauxhall vehicles are quite sensitive and if there's any air in the system, the pressure switch will not allow the compressor to engage without the correct R134a amount. The compressor pulley (as long as it is not seized) will always spin with the engine on regardless of the A/C system running or not as your Vauxhall has a single belt running the show aside from timing control. It's the clutch that you need to focus on. If the clutch is not responding to the A/C On switch, and fuses are all good, then the pressure switch is telling the compressor not to engage. Also, make sure you remembered to plug the pressure switch electrical connector back in properly after replacing the Condenser if you unplugged it prior to detaching and re-sealing the two lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say the system has pressure, are you basing it on an OTC A/C gauge reading? Did you vaccum the system prior to recharging? The pressure switches on Vauxhall vehicles are quite sensitive and if there's any air in the system, the pressure switch will not allow the compressor to engage without the correct R134a amount. The compressor pulley (as long as it is not seized) will always spin with the engine on regardless of the A/C system running or not as your Vauxhall has a single belt running the show aside from timing control. It's the clutch that you need to focus on. If the clutch is not responding to the A/C On switch, and fuses are all good, then the pressure switch is telling the compressor not to engage. Also, make sure you remembered to plug the pressure switch electrical connector back in properly after replacing the Condenser if you unplugged it prior to detaching and re-sealing the two lines.

Thanks for your input. The system did vacuum down has had worked for a week before not working anymore. This was carried out by an A/C professional.

I'll get some diagnostics on it and see if there is any odd sensor readings. I'll report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some diagnostics, no faults therefore can someone advise what voltage and expected pressure reading should the A/C High Side Pressure Sensor show? Currently mine shows 0.90V and 574kpa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still looking,

It's one of three things, compressor clutch, relay on the UEC or the wiring between the two. I need to get the undertray off to get to the connector on the compressor which I can't do on the driveway.

I'm not sure which one is worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You said it did work when it got regassed and now it doesn’t you may have leak
The A/C guy who changed the condenser and some seals checked and it still has pressure. And the pressure sensor is showing pressure.

Opcom shows that the A/C is not being inhibited and does try and enable. The clutch is spinning and the compressor can be turned by hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok well if there is the correct amount of gas in system are there any fault codes in the h vac module or Ecu
Yes as this was filled from empty after being vacuumed. There were not any fault codes for A/C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And there’s no codes in engine management
Nope, nothing. I think it only had 3 errors in the whole car all were not present and two were radio/DAB related and I think the order was a door lock.

Frustrating, as I thought there would be an open/short circuit error at least!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts