Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
11,771 Posts
I don't think a lack of communication with the fuel solenoid was the actual problem. When my solenoid fell apart the car would still start and idle and I was still able to drive onto the recovery truck.
I can also start mine with the solenoid unplugged.
The ECU is clearly flooked big time though.
Not a cheap fix by a long way but you are back on the road.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I don't think a lack of communication with the fuel solenoid was the actual problem. When my solenoid fell apart the car would still start and idle and I was still able to drive onto the recovery truck.
I can also start mine with the solenoid unplugged.
The ECU is clearly flooked big time though.
Not a cheap fix by a long way but you are back on the road.
I don't know, just wish they had of checked this out in the 1st place instead of saying it is this and that. The main thing is it's back on the road, in all honesty i didn't think this was going to happen. What a difference to the car though having the inlet manifold cleaned out, and one of the parts that's been changed has sorted the rough idle out which Vauxhall keep saying is normal for the Zafira.I somehow don't think that's right. You help was brilliant & you are true to your word thank you for that.

·
Super Moderator
25,366 Posts
I don't know, just wish they had of checked this out in the 1st place instead of saying it is this and that. The main thing is it's back on the road, in all honesty i didn't think this was going to happen. What a difference to the car though having the inlet manifold cleaned out, and one of the parts that's been changed has sorted the rough idle out which Vauxhall keep saying is normal for the Zafira.I somehow don't think that's right. You help was brilliant & you are true to your word thank you for that.
Is there no rubber protective cover on the Zafira like there is with the Astra ECU ?
By the way water has attacked that ECU it should have a protective shield over it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Just spoken to Vauxhall UK about the damage and they said they want us to take the ECU to our local dealer for it to be l checked out, I have sent them photos and they have said its not right. So we called the dealer who did the work to be told they aren't interested and not to take it to them. They have said they have never had one catch fire and it looked like the car had been sitting in water, what the hell it was raining the day it broke down but that was 8 weeks ago

·
Super Moderator
25,366 Posts
Just spoken to Vauxhall UK about the damage and they said they want us to take the ECU to our local dealer for it to be l checked out, I have sent them photos and they have said its not right. So we called the dealer who did the work to be told they aren't interested and not to take it to them. They have said they have never had one catch fire and it looked like the car had been sitting in water, what the hell it was raining the day it broke down but that was 8 weeks ago
What a Zafira or an ECU catch fire , they’d fail a lie detector test on both questions.
My old Corsa B had the ECU have a fire.
It does look like your ECU was found on the bottom of the sea though lol 😂

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
What a Zafira or an ECU catch fire , they’d fail a lie detector test on both questions.
My old Corsa B had the ECU have a fire.
It does look like your ECU was found on the bottom of the sea though lol 😂
I can only assume its in that condition because of where we live. Lots of salt water around especially if we get a hire over to Lindisfarne (Holy Island) which is in the middle of the North Sea.😂😂😂😂😂

121 - 129 of 129 Posts