Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
My zafira B 1.7 diesel has a 6 speed manual transmission.

It is really difficult to put into first and second.
First as in its hesitant like it constantly doesnt want to go into gear and feels like im mashing syncros together but Im not.

I need to push the clutch in and pump it erratically for it to go slot itself into gear.
It doesnt feel natural.
Feels similarly like rubbing the 'side' when shifting into 6th but much worse.

It goes in eventually but takes a lot of effort and is annoying in traffic.

It seems like something is wrong with the clutch switch as it matches all the issues and symptoms of it.
Another possibility seems like a bad linkage and its a pain to get it changed in the zafira.
Anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Now fixed. I had a new cable linkage as the old one had frayed and was very old. The adjustment on the linkage did nothing. In this case it was the linkage itself. I drained the new fluid and put in brand new FUCHS 7w90 Fluid for the m32 transmission for peace of mind. Seems happy to go into gear and release.

·
15,877 Posts
Is yours a cable change?
When it is in 3rd gear is there a lot more side to side play in the stick when compared to the forewards and backwards movement?

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is yours a cable change?
When it is in 3rd gear is there a lot more side to side play in the stick when compared to the forewards and backwards movement?
i took off the trim around it and i has two plastic pieces that seem to move some sort of linkage through the firewall and into the transmission

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is yours a cable change?
edit: In third there is play but not severe. There is play forwards and backwards but I suppose thats because of age and the car being EX-PCO and done 110k miles.

·
15,877 Posts
But that doesn't actually answer the question I asked.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On known fixes it says difficult getting into gears clutch centre plate sticking on transmission input shaft
no its not sticking.
The clutch is engaging normally and disengaging fine.
It seems like an issue with the linkage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts