Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, advertising on behalf of Dave V6, as he's lost his internet connection.

1993 L reg
Nautilus Blue
160,000 miles
rather a lot of history (see pics)
uprated cams
new lifters cam belt kit and rocker cover gaskets which were only fitted 4000miles ago
sportex exhaust system and new downpipes fitted last month
courtney air filter
very clean, no rust
very reliable
Being MOT'd next week, so will come with 12 months, and 5 months tax
CDX spec, electric heated leather seats, air con (needs re-gassing), driver and passenger air bags.

Looking for £1600 ono with new MOT. Willing to part exchange for an Astra Sport as he needs something smaller for commuting to and from work.

Any questions please feel free to ask me (Sy), and I can pass on Dave's phone number if required.

Car is currently located in Cullompton, Devon.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

These are not scratches, just dirt that has been wiped away for the pic.

Only bit of rust on the car

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would consider a p/x or swap with smaller car please pm sy for any details thanks. The car will be mot'ed until 5th april next year. Thet are not scratches in the photos it just needs a clean

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
I've just paid a grand for a similarly specced car with only 74k on it and no rust at all, I think you may have a bit more luck if you drop your price a little bit.

That is a lovely looking motor, and this is just my opinion, as you know I expressed an interest in it myself, but the price, unfortunately, is just a bit too high for a L reg Cavalier:shame:

Good luck with the sale matey, it is a lovely car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah but this is a manual cdx saloon, is the 1994 model and ive spent over £2000 on performance parts and wheels in the last year and dont forget it is a geninuing 200bhp comes with 12months mot taxed to end of june revent cambelt kit lifters etc and not been long serviced and does have a tracker fitted.
i would get a lot more for than £1300 if i broke it.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
I know, its a shame, but most of our cars are sadly worth more in bits:shame:

Maybe you could sell the wheels etc separate, then make more of your money back? You should get a grand for the car, without the wheels???

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
You won't get 1600 for it mate.......Its simply not worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
CavHopper said:
I know, its a shame, but most of our cars are sadly worth more in bits:shame:

Maybe you could sell the wheels etc separate, then make more of your money back? You should get a grand for the car, without the wheels???
i have to agree with cavhopper, sell the wheels and then sell the car, ateotd its a L reg cav, its only worth what people will pay, i would only just about pay that for a v6 vectra and then it would have to be good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts