Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Weve had our corsa three years and at the MOT last week we got an advisory for sub frame corroded. Had a look underneath and it looks pretty bad - not structurally unsound but worse than you would think for a car of this age

MOT guy said Vauxhall have some "special warranty" for this as it's a common issue - anywhere heard of it?

·
17,194 Posts
There's an almost identical thread on this issue in the last two weeks. Click on the "Corsa D" bit at the start of the thread title and it will show you all the Corsa D threads grouped together.

Ours is just as rusty due to an almost total lack of any protection.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
17,194 Posts

·
17,194 Posts
I don't think there is any recall on the subframe so it will be interesting to see what Vauxhall say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi

Weve had our corsa three years and at the MOT last week we got an advisory for sub frame corroded. Had a look underneath and it looks pretty bad - not structurally unsound but worse than you would think for a car of this age

MOT guy said Vauxhall have some "special warranty" for this as it's a common issue - anywhere heard of it?
My wife's '58 reg Corsa D Breeze, with 42,000 miles on the clock, passed it's MOT yesterday but an advisory was added for "signs of heavy corrosion to front subframe". Whilst searching for subframe replacement prices I found postings regarding known issues with the Corsa D subframe and mentions of Vauxhall replacing them free of charge. I was rather sceptical but contacted my local Vauxhall dealer to enquire if this was true. A quick check of their database showed our vehicle's chassis number was in the range of those affected (2006-2008) and replacement parts have been ordered for a FREE replacement!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife's '58 reg Corsa D Breeze, with 42,000 miles on the clock, passed it's MOT yesterday but an advisory was added for "signs of heavy corrosion to front subframe". Whilst searching for subframe replacement prices I found postings regarding known issues with the Corsa D subframe and mentions of Vauxhall replacing them free of charge. I was rather sceptical but contacted my local Vauxhall dealer to enquire if this was true. A quick check of their database showed our vehicle's chassis number was in the range of those affected (2006-2008) and replacement parts have been ordered for a FREE replacement!
Is this Legit, i have had my 08 Corsa for a year and just had MOT done to find out that i had an advisory for a corroded sub frame, it seems too good to be true that Vauxhall would replace this free of charge

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought there was no chance of Vauxhall replacing a 12 year old subframe free of charge and was amazed when they did last week! Just cost me £41 for drop-links replacing. Ring local dealer and get them to check if your chassis number is in the range affected. Good luck.

·
17,194 Posts
Even on my nephew's 2023 Corsa D the sub frame was extremely rusty. Only surface rust but it was rusty everywhere almost like they had flashed a thin layer of black paint on it with no real rust protection at all. He solved his problem by buying a Volvo instead.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Super Moderator
17,686 Posts
Even on my nephew's 2023 Corsa D the sub frame was extremely rusty. Only surface rust but it was rusty everywhere almost like they had flashed a thin layer of black paint on it with no real rust protection at all. He solved his problem by buying a Volvo instead.

2023 :unsure:

·
17,194 Posts
I'll tell you all when I get back.

After I've bought a handful of lottery tickets.

·
17,194 Posts
Actually I've got my dead phone back which has miraculously come back to life. It's had a new charging chip fitted and still wouldn't charge. Then for some odd reason the repair place tried a different cable and it worked. So he charged me 50 squids instead of 60.
This thing is so fast compared to the S6 I have been borrowing it broke the space time continuum, hence my foray into the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just been told by Vauxhall that they are replacing the subframe on my Corsa D 2009. Went in for a safety recall for handbrake and brake pedal bearing, they spotted the corrosion and immediately told me that its not safe to drive and that they’d do it free of charge as the car is still in the 12 year bracket. Quite surprised at this but happy that I don‘t have to pay the eye watering amount it would have cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just been told by Vauxhall that they are replacing the subframe on my Corsa D 2009. Went in for a safety recall for handbrake and brake pedal bearing, they spotted the corrosion and immediately told me that its not safe to drive and that they’d do it free of charge as the car is still in the 12 year bracket. Quite surprised at this but happy that I don‘t have to pay the eye watering amount it would have cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to you, I called up Vauxhall Aberdeen and they are now in the process of replacing my subframe too :) a 59 plate Corsa D.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts