Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, could do with a little help.

I went to a friends house to recode the ECM on a 2008 Corsa D 1.3 90bhp - Z13DTH model.

The previous ECM had been water damaged, the ECM they had sourced for me to fit was a Z13DTJ one. I installed it an recoded everything under the Z13DTH program type, coding was accepted, car now cranks but won't fire...but diesel is reaching the high pressure pump. The car had been sat for 6 months.

Car is now giving the following error codes:

P0090-06 Rail Pressure Control Valve Voltage Low
P0190-05 Rail Pressure Sensor High Voltage
P1120-08 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 and 2 Signal

Should the Z13DTJ ECU be compatible with the Z13DTH engine? Or is this an airlock in the Diesel system?

·
Premium Member
13,327 Posts
It depends what software its running, there are 2 types, one for a fuel rail with a pressure control valve and one without..it looks like you have the wrong software in the ecu going by those codes so it will never start.. it can be rectified with Tech 2 and Global Tis, you just need to SPS update the ecu to the correct software.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends what software its running, there are 2 types, one for a fuel rail with a pressure control valve and one without..it looks like you have the wrong software in the ecu going by those codes so it will never start.. it can be rectified with Tech 2 and Global Tis, you just need to SPS update the ecu to the correct software.
That is what I suspected, the DTJ/DTH are 2 software versions on what is probably the same hardware. So I need to flash my ECU with the DTH version? I have Vauxcom/OPCOM, can this change the software over, or is it Tech2 only?

·
Premium Member
13,327 Posts
No, Vauxcom/Opcom wont do any type of software update, Tech 2 only and you will need Global Tis as well... the ecu does have the same hardware, when doing the update you need to choose the correct options (fuel rail with or without regulator) as you navigate through the process, where are you based.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for the info Andyl.

I've just been offered a very cheap ECU from an Astra H 2008 1.3 cdti diesel with pin number

Z13DTH - Magneti Marelli MJD 602 (same as the one the car used to have)

Will this ECU work with my Corsa D 2008? Looks to be same ECU and Engine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, in the photo, looking at the fuel rail, which is the DTJ engine and which is the DTH engine?

·
Premium Member
13,327 Posts
The top one is a DTJ engine, not sure on the Astra H ecu running on a Corsa D, i would probably think not but if you can try it then give it a go, again it depends on what fuel rail is fitted to the engine which will determine which software version it is.
I think you will find the DTH and DTJ engines can both have the pressure control valve on the rail but can also not have it, its really random and completely crazy mate...

What Passthrough devices do you have, you may just need to get yourself access or a copy of GlobalTis and use your device instead of Tech 2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The engine I'm working does not have the extra sensor on the right hand side of the fuel rail. The pass card in the car booklet also says Z13DTH. So I'm certain it's the Z13DTH variant.

I've just read the DTJ can come with and without the pressure regulator.

I wonder, If I recode the ECU under the DTJ Program variant config, will it allow me to choose w/wo pressure regulator?

---------

I have just the OPCOM connector.. Can I use GlobalTIS through the OPCOM connector?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if you can choose w/wo pressure regulator under the DTJ Program variant config, in OPCOM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, thanks for all your help. I'll tell my buddy he'll need another 'DTH' ECU and to send the other one back.

Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the chance the ''Astra H 2008 1.3 CDti - Z13DTH - Magneti Marelli MJD 602'' ecu will work on my car?

Don't Astra, Corsa, Combo share engines?

·
Premium Member
13,327 Posts
Astra H runs on a different Immo system so i suspect the immo pin will be designated differently, if you can get one to try then have a go but i suspect it wont work, if you have to buy it then i would leave it alone.....Combo is old K line so that wont work, different pin out on the ecu...
You can only buy a matching ECU from another Corsa D as far as im aware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My corsa is having brother starting and cuts out after giving it gas and letting it drop to idling revs, it keeps saying the rail pressure regulator is bad but the whole rail has been changed off a working corsa and still no progress, the mechanic is suspecting ecu damage but I just found out about the two different ecu programs and was wondering if these could be related please help ASAP
Daniel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Meant wrong software whenever addressing the program

The current fault code that is on is Rail Pressure Regulator and the sensor has been replaced but still no progress with it as the fault code came back after fitting the new part so the mechanic fitted a whole rail off a working corsa but even then the corsa kept cutting out

I Have found a video that has the exact same issue as me -

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok get what you mean now send me you reg on in a message and I'll have a look at the ECU software I believe there is 3 different variarions in the Corsa D.

Did the car work fine in the first place have you had any work done on the ECU before ?

If it is the wrong software the ECU it's easy enough to write correct software to it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts