Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi could someone help me please if possible, hadn't long bought car and spanner light was on and inspection light, so had it serviced spanner light still on and off intermittent. Ran diagnostics and code was for the air intake temp sensor, put new one in today, light off. Drove then not long after and it's back on. Car drives well no loss off power or limp mode.the light goes off when starting and ok for couple miles then comes back on. TvIts a 1.6 petrol with 74500 on clock. I would be over moon if someone can help, thank you for taking the time to look at my problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked my cousin to because its my uncles garage, and he was no it be fine. But I think it should have been done, I take it Monday so he can erase it, if all well and good great, as long as another code doesn't come up. It's it ok to keep u posted? And thank you for helping, really appreciate it thanks Nicola.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,992 Posts
It is a good idea to always erase fault codes after a repair especially if it involves part of the engine management system. That way you are starting off with a clean system. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's what I wanted to do, so I said I'd nip up in the week to try and sort it, definitely let you know though thank ever so much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Andy just had scanner put back on car the scanner the air intake temp sensor has gone, spanner light still on but now I'm getting p1113 to do with port deactivation sensor low voltage or something. Any help always grateful thanks Andy, Nicola

·
13,151 Posts
Sounds like the stop on the twin port actuation lever has worn.
New manifold is silly expensive.
Repositioning the actuator to get the voltage reading up is not.
Or you can use a plastic tie wrap around it to achieve the same end result.
Lots of posts on here about it which a search should bring back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I had what p1113 could be off the Internet, heard someone saying could be actuator so don't know, know his machine definitely said low voltage. Thanks
Sounds like the stop on the twin port actuation lever has worn.
New manifold is silly expensive.
Repositioning the actuator to get the voltage reading up is not.
Or you can use a plastic tie wrap around it to achieve the same end result.
Lots of posts on here about it which a search should bring back.
[/QU

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its sooted and carbonated is it (manifold) me dad said about someone he knew had stuff run through engine, decarbonisation is it, something like that. Mines a single port. Do you think that would help?? Thanks again

·
13,151 Posts
If it's not a twin port then my advice doesn't apply.
I wouldn't waste your money on a carbon clean.

·
13,151 Posts
Yes, but the lever is only relevant on the twin port system which you don't have anyway.

·
13,151 Posts
@marks152 knows far more about that 1.6 engine than me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts