Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, 1.9 (z19dth)
Code: P242F : particulate filter pressure sensor range/performance.

Done the basics, quick check round for deffective pipes and securely connected electrical plugs. Oil changed aprrox 4000 mile ago, EGR valve clean.

Any views and comments greatly appreaited.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
hmm 2nd time today seen this code, ok one train of thought seems to suggest the EGR is at fault and causing the DPF sensor to give the out of range problem, the 2nd one is somewhere along the line a DPF regen cycle was interrupted, have you noticed any strange smells or warning lights on the dash?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for your views, i will monitor this and see if i can find anything else, my disc info relates to a fault tree checking sensors b173/174/175, so when i get a dry day, will do some more digging,thanks for your guidance

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
any fix with this? mine just gave out this code having had a new egr fitted under 4 weeks ago!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi fire 26662 I have this code and using op com I noticed that the saturation level on my zafira b had gone from being at 64% and went up to 100% the car was smoking and have been out and given the car a good run out (to the mother in laws) and now the saturation level has come right down to 16% the car has had a new dpf filter a few weeks ago and i am now keeping a close eye on this as my last dpf that we had fitted about 2yrs ago turned out to be blocked so i guess my question is what would be the correct saturation level be for my car as i do still have the glow plugs to change as an error code has also come up for those too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts