Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys Im new to Vauxhall...just bought a converted Vivaro camper van. I've also bought a Chinese Android Stereo/GPS/Sat nav unit and it came with a steering wheel controller. The cables are baffling me. I thought it would be plug and play but nothing seems to match up.
Circuit component Audio equipment Computer hardware Gadget Gas

The blue connector is out of my original pioneer stereo, the black on the end of the new Opel (supposed to be Vivaro 2005) connector. Does 1 face the top or 2?
The black connector has the four speaker sets on the bottom but the upper section has two green which appear to go into and back out of the decoder to the white small plug (1 below )
assuming this are the steering wheel control? but what if they connect to wrong wires on the blue block? As well as the two green there's a two white a yellow and a black.

Electrical wiring Circuit component Electronic engineering Cable Electronic component

This is the cable in full view does 1 fit in 1a or 1b of pic below and does 2 fit in 2 of pic below?
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas Machine Electronic device

once this unit is fitted in the console how would I get it out? There are no holes for the ability to shove a tool in to release the spring clips

Can anyone help me connect?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Someone has beaten you to the wiring. The 2 blue connectors are (I think) mods to allow the old pioneer radio to work. They carry speaker wires and power. You may find either bodged in speaker/power wires or perhaps another adapter.
I suspect someone has cut off the vauxhaul radio connector and shoved the two blue DIN connectors. If a "neat" job has been done then DIN to chinease adapter looms can be sourced.

The can bus decoder box is for the steering wheel controls etc .... you'll need to set it up. Do you have instructions for it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone has beaten you to the wiring. The 2 blue connectors are (I think) mods to allow the old pioneer radio to work. They carry speaker wires and power. You may find either bodged in speaker/power wires or perhaps another adapter.
I suspect someone has cut off the vauxhaul radio connector and shoved the two blue DIN connectors. If a "neat" job has been done then DIN to chinease adapter looms can be sourced.

The can bus decoder box is for the steering wheel controls etc .... you'll need to set it up. Do you have instructions for it?
thanks for your reply and info. Yes I think it is a modified wiring scheme. I’ve managed to get the 16 pin square plug to match the three main wires red black and yellow (8 speaker wires were already matched) on another basic 16 to 16 wire power cable but this one in this pic doesnt have a red going to the connecting plug just to the can-bus. No instructions came with the Android stereo unit or the can -bus connector . I’ve found a video showing how to set up the steering controls if I eventually get it connected .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts