Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch went on my 2005 movano 2.5cdti.I ordered a clutch off ebay and when it arrived I noticed that the clutch plate friction material was 12mm thinner than the plate I had taken out.The new plate was 35mm wide and my old plate is 47mm wide.The diameter for both plates was the same(240mm) .Although ,in saying this the clutch plate and pressure plate fitted perfectly I questioned this with the suppliers and they said it was indeed the wrong kit and I was to send it back but they didn't have the right one so they would refund my money.Before I sent it back I took both clutches to a mechanic pal and he said that 12mm would make a big difference and the clutch would burn out in no time.
I then got onto my local suppliers and they ordered one in for me .When it arrived this was also 35mm.They said this clutch superseded my old clutch and they didn't make mine any more.
So,what do I do now?do I fit the new clutch (against advice) or ?or? (Over to you knowledgeable people out there in movano land!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts