Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Signum needs to find a new home after fifteen years' good service. It presents beautifully, is high-spec and drives well, but would have cost us a Grand to MoT, plus a cambelt change and a small service, so is currently SORNed. Its MoT would have failed on five points. 1. a binding N/S/R brake and requirement for new discs and pads, 2. corroded rear brake hose ferrules, 3. rear trailing arm bushes detached from their centre pins, 4. front anti-roll bar bushes shot and 5. a knackered N/S/F shock. There'd be advisories on the rear tyre micro-cracking and a small oil leak from the filter-to-block seal. She's bought a new Astra SRi, but her clean Sig could be a rewarding project for someone working through on a DIY basis rather than paying hourly rates, and has a big new battery and alternator. It's far too good for weighing in, with its four reclining seats, its fridge and tables in the back, Irmscher 4-branch exhaust and grille, new dark-reflector headlamps and electric everything. The front sub-frame was replaced two years ago, and we have another spare. The car came straight from Vauxhall's fleet at eleven months old and has a full service record.

What would you do? D'you know anyone who might be interested? We're in Banbury and open to offers!

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Ebay!

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
have moved it to the for sale section, can you edit your post and put a price on it please, forum rules, any price will do, maybe the lowest offer you would take...

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Surprised you didn’t chop the Sig in for the Astra , i expect they didn’t offer what you thought it was worth even though it’s a 15 year old motor which in motor trade terms is a banger.
Emotion is a terrible thing when it comes to cars.
I’d stick it on eBay & see what offers you get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts