Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a Astra G on a 2003 plate and ive had a few problems with it. Its misfiring, lumpy idle, hard to start, and also a puff of smoke from down the back the engine behind cylinder 4 when it eventually starts.
The fault codes are 0300 - Random cylinder misfire, and 0400 Exhaust gas recirculation flow malfunction.

Any ideas of whats the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
Hi
I have a Astra G on a 2003 plate and ive had a few problems with it. Its misfiring, lumpy idle, hard to start, and also a puff of smoke from down the back the engine behind cylinder 4 when it eventually starts.
The fault codes are 0300 - Random cylinder misfire, and 0400 Exhaust gas recirculation flow malfunction.

Cheers
Is it an 8v?

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
Hi

Cheers
EGR valves are common faults with these engines.
You may be able to have your EGR valve blanked off & your ECU software updated from Vauxhall. Would stop any future probs.
May be others that can advise better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.