Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the "car with spanner" light come on, did the pedal trick and ended up with the code P1438.

P1438 A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance.

What I'm I supposed to be looking for in regards to this fault.
Thx in advance.

·
13,068 Posts
Is your A/C working?

·
Premium Member
16,184 Posts
That code dont exist for this engine, however 1483 does and I've seen a few faulty ecu cause this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So 1438 means it's a faulty ECU? or is it something else. The car's running fine and no obvious signs of anything bad. One thing I forgot to mention is the car seems to gulp engine oil within a couple of weeks before having to fill it again. There's no sign of leaks or anything, so I assume it burns it off. Checking around the internet, oil consumption seems to be normal for this car.

·
Premium Member
16,184 Posts
Vx quote 1.2lt per 1000 mile. The can guzzle oil like it's going out of fashion.

The p1483 could be a bad relay but theres 4 different systems fitted. Does it have a box of 3 relays any where in engine bay - not the box at the back with pink or purple relays in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vx quote 1.2lt per 1000 mile. The can guzzle oil like it's going out of fashion.

The p1483 could be a bad relay but theres 4 different systems fitted. Does it have a box of 3 relays any where in engine bay - not the box at the back with pink or purple relays in.
I found the box with the 3 relays. Is it this the one.
20200206_161019.jpg
So you mentioned 4 systems -
The pink/purple relays - fuel pump??
Box with a bunch of fuses
The one shown in the photo
What's the 4th system?

·
Premium Member
16,184 Posts
Yes that's the fan relay box. Switch them so they all in different places and see if you get a code for the other relay. Relay codes are p1481, p1482 and p1483. If the code doesn't change then the relays are good and further investigation needed but all the ones I've seen with these codes have always been duff relay or duff ecu. If it does change then you have a dead relay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feel stupid asking this, but how in the hell do you take them out. Tried to take'em out, they don't seem to be budging. Is there a trick to taking them out or are they just stuck in there for being in there for so long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts