Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has an accident around 4 weeks ago where i ran into another car in which my radiator was punctured and other damage to the coolant system. Got it fixed but since then the car has been jumping, even at speed, and eventually i couldn't keep the engine running. Took it back to garage, where they done a diagnostic check and eventually told me the collant sensor was broken but it was nothing to do with the accident. Could someone please tell me if this is the case. Thanks in advance

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum waspy :)

To be honest, without seeing the damage, it would be difficult to say.
Can't see a big problem with changing a coolant sensor, which would cause problems though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Wasn't sure if the garage were trying to pull a fast one.
Cheers.:smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cry: Hi, as you can probably tell, I know very little about cars so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The garage has put a new coolant sensor in the car but it is still jumping and stalling. Can anyone help??

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Might be worth looking at the thin plastic vacuum pipes that run between various valves etc. - it could just be that one was disturbed/disconnected when the work was carried out. Check the rubber 'joiners' on these pipes for splits or cracks as well.

You didn't mention the amber engine warning light so presumably that's not coming on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts