Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i know your all probably sick of hearing about these 2.2's snapping, however i have just bought one and it is ok, i have called vauxhall down at luton and they have said the engine is ok and does not need the chain replacing.

However i have been told that there is apparantly a nut/screw on the back of the engine/chain cover that will distinguish whether or not it has been done or not.

Does anyone know about this screw and if so what does it look like and where is it?

Thanks

Mike.

·
Likes this.
12,022 Posts
The screw (bolt) is irrelevant. If I remember correctly, the cuts in the bolt head only indicate that it is fitted with the modified tensioner, NOT the modified oil jet for the timing chain.

If your Vectra is a Vectra B then I would completely ignore what Vauxhall say about your engine and get the timing chain changed anyway. I was told by Vauxhall that my engine was not at risk, but when I changed the chain (well, when Benny from z22se.co.uk changed it for me lol), we discovered that it was fitted with the old crappy oil jet - even though Vauxhall assured me that it wasn't.

As a rule, if it's a Vectra B I would replace the chain regardless, unless you have written proof that it has already been replaced :Cool2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.