Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi having egr nightmare after engine swap on 2009 1.3 cdti combo egr code p 0403.
Put multimeter onto pins at plug only geting 6.5v on one and 2.4v on the other I think it should be 12v on one and 2.5-3.5 v on the other any ideas anyone?

·
Premium Member
14,175 Posts
No its under the car, sort of below roughly where your gearsticks located, if it does have one then check fuse F33 in the engine bay fuse box, if it dont then its a different scenario of a damaged wire/short to ground somewhere on the Blue/red wire, this goes back to the same fuse box, and is supplied by the ecu relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went out to look and it hasn’t got a dpf
Will trace wire back properly tomorrow as I have had a quick look earlier and thought Egr wires went back into ecu plug. I will post what I find then. Thank you for your advice so far

·
Premium Member
14,175 Posts
You will have a 12v supply from the ecu relay to the ecu, this will also be used by the egr, it may even be used by something else as well i dont know, but if you open the loom you will find the egr wire is spliced into the 12v supply from relay to ecu, so i would check you have battery voltage at the pin in the ecu, if you have then the splce may be damaged or corroded or the wire to the egr is damaged, also check all the ground wires that are located below the ecu, maybe some have come adrift or the clamping nut has come loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You will have a 12v supply from the ecu relay to the ecu, this will also be used by the egr, it may even be used by something else as well i dont know, but if you open the loom you will find the egr wire is spliced into the 12v supply from relay to ecu, so i would check you have battery voltage at the pin in the ecu, if you have then the splce may be damaged or corroded or the wire to the egr is damaged, also check all the ground wires that are located below the ecu, maybe some have come adrift or the clamping nut has come loose.
The blue/red wire from the Egr comes to pin no 5 at ecu plug nearest the headlight. Put multimeter to it and only get 2.5 v at ecu

·
Premium Member
14,175 Posts
Yes it will terminate at Pin 5 but there should be a wire spliced into it which gives it 12v (battery voltage) that will go to Pin 6 of the other ecu plug, have you pulled the loom apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it will terminate at Pin 5 but there should be a wire spliced into it which gives it 12v (battery voltage) that will go to Pin 6 of the other ecu plug, have you pulled the loom apart.
Hi yes I pulled the loom apart and there was no spliced wire on the ecu loom going to the engine and on the fuse box to ecu loom I did see a few spiced wires but nothing blue/red.
So if I take a 12v feed to wire on pin 5 and bridge it to pin 6 wire on other plug would that work ?

·
Premium Member
14,175 Posts
You should already have 12v at pin 6 with the ignition on, check what you have first. Does the van start and run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts