Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New proposed law thats supposed to be in force in months. Just caught the tail end of it on the news. Anyone else seen, or heard anything about it?

Micky

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
C3MKY said:
New proposed law thats supposed to be in force in months. Just caught the tail end of it on the news. Anyone else seen, or heard anything about it?

Micky
I've 2 now bloody hope not.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
C3MKY said:

Micky
Isn't this the change to 2 points for less serious offences (just over limit on speed cameras) and tougher on driving without due care?

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, only caught the tail end of the news, was hoping someone else may know. Not searched the web as of yet for more details.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i heard about getting 3 points for parking offences, guy had a letter saying that he had to send his license in for stamping after he got a parking fine

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
There's talk of introducing another 6000 speed camera's and 8000 number plate camera's throughout the country over the next two years.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Jimbo Jet Set said:
Totaly agree got 6 at the moment dont want any more:lmao:
Slow down then.

I dont mean to take the piss but my philosophy is if youre going to drive fast know youre route. Its not like you cant find out where all the cameras are placed anyway, yes fair enough mobile piggy banks are a royal pain and because people dont notice them till very late they take drastic action to avoid the flash and in the process can cause accidents but I really dont think we have any excuse for fixed ones.

Thats my opinion anyway.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bigdrifter said:
Why isn't as much effort put into catching real criminals? The system sucks
Exactly.:turd

·
Turbo Power...
7,477 Posts
LSI said:
Slow down then.

I dont mean to take the piss but my philosophy is if youre going to drive fast know youre route. Its not like you cant find out where all the cameras are placed anyway, yes fair enough mobile piggy banks are a royal pain and because people dont notice them till very late they take drastic action to avoid the flash and in the process can cause accidents but I really dont think we have any excuse for fixed ones.

Thats my opinion anyway.

The thing is i do know the route but i have not got time to hang about:lmao:

plus on my insurance there is also a drink drive :lmao:

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
bigdrifter said:
Why isn't as much effort put into catching real criminals? The system sucks
Because speed cameras are the easy option and they don't have to do much to get there money only send out the fines we are just easy pray

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Jimbo Jet Set said:
The thing is i do know the route but i have not got time to hang about:lmao:
Set off earlier then mate, whichever way you look at it really there isnt an excuse, I agree its a pain in the arse, and I agree they catch more motorists that are simply going a tad quicker rather than 'real criminals' but the fact is they are there, and if you get caught by them you cant gripe, because you should know they are there :lmao:

As I say not argueing they are a pain because I agree they are, but its just one of them things aint it.

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
plus on my insurance there is also a drink drive :lmao:[/quote]

you naughty boy :shake :eek2: :lmao:

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
They are slowly but surely becoming more stringent with any kind of offence and I wouldn't be surprised if we were soon to witness protests occuring regarding instances where points were unfairly given.

Next time everyone takes a drive, just look at all the signs, cameras and possible hazards there are on the road. Driving is meant to be one of the most pleasurable things in life, but I think this is slowly being overcome by the government who are trying to create a safer environment for drivers but incidently, they have actually made driving into a stressful experience (more so then necessary).

You could argue that all the signs, cameras and any other road safety aspects are there for our protection. It is true, but I think the threshold has been pushed. A friend of my dads got a ticket because his car was on a double yellow line and was caught by a CCTV camera. He had actually broken down but he still had to pay the fine. I find instances like this very unfair, it just makes the councils and government look like fines are simply a money making scheme rather than a deterant for drivers to obey the rules and regulations.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
An easier solution to points for speeding is to add £100 per point to your insurance to a maximum of £1000 (10 points). After the next renewal the points come off i.e. you only pay for the points once and if you choose not to renew your insurance you still have to pay up. Anything over 10 points you get a 12-month ban but still have to pay the fine. More than 15 points in any 5-year period and you go to jail one year with no chance of parole.

Does that sound harsh? Possibly, but it would force you to make a conscious effort to drive at or below the speed limit and penalise the irresponsible drivers.

Discuss.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I thought that they weren't going to put any more speed cameras up, and if so only in accident blackspots.
Where i live the amount of speed cameras is getting rediculous(sp) and they are not put in accident blackspots.
It is just a license to print money from the powers that be.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
there is a ongoing report stating that no more camera sites are to brought forward until the report due to be published in 2008 is released so there will be no more fixed sites until then what u will see alot more is mobile camera vans poping up more.

chris

1 - 20 of 66 Posts