Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a V6 engine in a vectra, and its supposed to be getting taken out to be used in a project. i got everything with it as a running engine in a stripped shell, but we cant get it to run! Just wanna know its good before i transplant it.

Fuel pump is working now and fuel is coming through the lines but not going through the rail or injectors, as the plugs are not getting wet, and its not getting to retun pipe either. we have a spark and it will turn over, but not run... the ecu is pesent and it seemed all that was missing was the fuses from box by drivers feet. now im not so sure... im hoping its a sensor or loose connection problem but at a bit of a loss. i cant see anything obviously disconnected or missing but its tight in engine bay!

From what ive read on here i need to check the crank sensor and coolant senders, but if anyone has any other ideas id be glad to hear them! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is fuel actually getting to the injectors? When my v6 ran out of fuel I had a bugger of a job starting it, then my dad opened the valve where the metal fuel pipes dis-appear under the plenums (I assume it's a bleed valve) and hey presto it starts - I guess the rail must have been airlocked.
Other than that all I can suggest is that you hook up an EML light to the ECU and try to get it to tell you what the problem is via a paper-clip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.