Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm a newbie to this forum but have had a Carlton for the past 10 years and it never missed a beat. It went to the great scrapyard in the sky last month due to rust. I've replaced it with an S reg Omega elite which I am very happy with so far. Just one question, does anyone know the correct engine temperateure on the gauge? Mine seems to run just under 95.
Thx. JohnO

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum, this place is superb with many members knowing a hell of alot!

Temp - 95 is fine

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
There have been several threads regarding this issue over the years, you can look them up.

I had two Omega's, 2.5V6 97R and 2.6V6 01Y, and both behave the same: In traffic or when idle going up-and-down between 90-100 (electric fans cut in), Motorway driving around 85 (or on very very cold days even down to 80).

So 95 sounds fine.

Anyway, and S-reg Elite is a fine car!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum JohO. :)

I do like the old Carltons, such a good car, especially the Gsi 24v! :D

Now, just under 95 sounds spot on. In traffic it will reach approx 98 then the fans will cut in and reduce the temp again.

Leave the climate control on auto (air con fan helps cool the radiator as it is on all the time).

Now, before Ronald McBurger gets in, I hope you have history on the cambelt kit change. 40k/years without fail. :)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
92 raising to 95 ocassionally, used to run at just over 95 all the time but it seems to have settled down now

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
Mine runs anywhere between 90-95 and it hasn't blown up yet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts