Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys Again,

Guess what ?....Engine misfire troubles have now occurred on my V6 2.5.
Have been trying to trace the water coming from rear head area onto exhaust...frying sound.......Changed the oil cooler as it was leaking through a porous hole in Cooler mtg plate......not stopped the leak tho....!!
  • Also did the rocker seals both sides as well whilst she was stripped..cos the plugwells were treating the plugs to a deep warm bath in middle eastern gold.!!!!
  • Also changed plugs for NGK's......and rebuilt back up........now then, this is the interesting bit.....a bit of coughing started coming from the old gals lungs just every now and again to start with....strange i thought as shes a non-smoker...!!
  • Now its got to the point that shes misfiring terribly as we go along.....feels like its only on 4 of 6 pots.......oh yes forgot to say ...when i changed the plugs the lead on No.6 long reach broke up a bit on the tip of the lead and i spent about an hour fishing the bits out of the plug well.
  • But as it still left about 1/2" over the plug when they are on the plug i thought she would still fire ok without shorting to head...!!!
Any ideas???.......one guy said the plugs may be causing a prob...he says sometimes the resistance is wrong even though they are supposed to be for the car...
He said to get original GM plugs as they are for the car and made by Bosch....what do you guys think???

Monza

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
assuming you haven't got any oil in the spark plug wells indicating rocker cover/gasket issues, I reckon it's HT leads and/or DIS pack ... given that it sounds like the misfire is under load and not just idling, I'd tend more towards DIS pack ...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sound like the heater bypass valve is leaking on the dis pack causing the misfire.

Theres a how to on here somwhere

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you're not losing coolant...

I had a problem with water dropping in through the hole where the n/s wiper goes through the scuttle panel. It dropped onto the o/s rocker cover and found its way into the plug wells. Easiest way to check is pull all the o/s plug leads up and see if they're wet or steamed up. I cured it by putting a ring of silicone round the hole in the scuttle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same problem with the HT on 6, half of the tip was missing, replaced with some new leads and problems solved. I know what you mean that it looks like it wouldn't cause a problem but it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts