Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've just spent the last two days trying to resolve a serious misfire on my 2.5 Omega R reg.
It was jumping and lurching like a jack in the box.
Stripped it down to find:
  • Rain water has been dripping from under scuttle panel joint mid way towards passenger side ....sponge seal soaked and carpety bit under there was soaked. Also coil pack (DIS) top was covered in water
    . Also injector multiplug was wet through same
    ( i had tidied things up back there some time ago cos it looked messy and pushed plugs away under that area too!!)
  • Also found that plug leads to No 2 and 4 had got perished and split and outer sleeve had disappeared to expose too much visibility of core connector.....maybe that was root cause of misfire..???
  • Alsowhilst under there had a look around for possible cause of leaking drip that was present from coolant system.....been leaking onto PASSENGER SIDE exhaust manifold and have had to replenish coolant too often...about a litre a week or 250miles...!!
What I did....!
  • Got the plugleads for Passenger Bank 2,4 and 6. and fitted them after drying the area out under there......
  • Also changed heater bypass valve in case coolant leak loss was that little beauty...knuckles took a about 3 rounds of bashing!!!
  • noticed a water stain on oil cooler plate just below coolant bridge (suspected this item for leaking but when questioned couldnt pin evidence on him so far as I had previously changed the dowty rubber seal washers in favour of copper tap washers drilled out to suit banjo bolts).......ANYWAY i drained coolant off and removed the banjos again to this item ....this time I used some plumbers boss green water seal compond on the washers to attempt to create a better seal when tightened up. Incidentally what a crap design that area is......some designer expects a casting to mate up exactly with the heads angles and to cap that provides a machined flat surface with about 3mm of sealing face to stop high pressure water from escaping with the help of a couple of dowtys....!!!!! get a grip VX!!!
  • Rebuilt the kid back up for about the 5th time in as many weeks....Fingers crossed and nuts tightened (on both the car and me!!!) in anticipation. Filled up with coolant and checked for any left over bits...!!! What none present??? wow what an engineer i thought ....lolololol
  • Fired the old gal up and ....and.....she started without misfiring.....yesssss i thought......then i revved her abit and Engine management light came on and stayed on....!!!! noooooooooo.....took her out on the road and after a mile or so light went out......yesss i thought.......then Oh Crap MANAGEMENT light on again for about 20seconds then off again but this time it stayed off....ANY IDEAS GUYS AS TO WHY ????
  • Took her for a rip up the Dual and she revved past the previously self imposed 4000rpm Limit it had given itself.....no problems.....carried on a bit stoppin and checkin things over then somethin odd occurred.......the rev limit of 4000rpm kicked in again...so thats where I am at now with a car that wont rev still.!!!
    [*]Help needed please guys before I take the Angle grinder to it and redesign the body…!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I had this problem on my 2.5 v6 omega and found the knock sensors needed replacing, my ecu light come on then went off then on, and when it did come on the felt is was having a epileptic fit. do you know how to jump your diagnostic plug were all the fuse are, you can find out whats wrong by reading the flashes on the dash. hope this helps
go here http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=vauxhall_fault_codes_for_gm_multec_spi

·
Registered
761 Posts
again, not an expert on this, but have heard this many times, i dont think its in limp mode ( or is it?) but sounds like sensors going awol, time for the paperclip test i agree

L

·
0 Posts
It is a sensor problem, now the question is which one?

Sorry but link above is not the best for fault codes as it misses too many of them.

Try here:
http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

You need to know the following:

The diagnostic port is under the steering wheel and is the 16 pin socket mounted vertically on the left side.
Short pins 4&6.
Pin 1 is top right, pin 2 is below etc..

Omega uses the Bosch Motronic 2.8.1 ecu.

Do the test with the engine running.

Let us know what you find. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
if your getting water down the back of the engone then i suspect its the crankshaft sensor.

reason i say this i had same thing could rev the car and turned out to be a small water leak at back of the engine running down the heat protective sleeve of the crankshaft sensor and corroding the sensor.
i put a new one in and filled the sleeve with silicone sealer and it cured the car.
hope this helps.

L

·
0 Posts
Festerfly said:
Crank Sensor
Good to see you on here Lee. :)

Now is it possible for you to post something that does not consist of "crank sensor", as that seems to be the only thing you say recently! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts